Season 2017 - Gold Coast

Evans was sent there for a reason it seems by the AFL.

Don’t underrate the importance of Phil Davis as well. In Ward and Davis GWS acquired 10 year leaders - whilst GC got an absolute champion on Ablett.

1 Like

As the latest person to “fix” GC. How many are they up to by now?

2 Likes

His name was mentioned as a possible on the afl website. Is it time for the return of lazarus?

3 Likes

James McDonald was a good get for GWS as well. Hard nosed, disciplined, took the hard hits in the midfield in the first season.

They also got Ryan Griffin who was also capable of playing the inside role to protect their younger future stars

3 Likes

Could do worse. Sacked coaches as cast aside too easily IMO. He would have experience and if he is any good, would have learnt from his mistakes at Essendon.

Ratten is another one who should be looked at (TH, since the death of his son, not even sure if he is still coaching at Hawthorn)

LOL

Simple. THIs lays on Clayton’s head. He chose the wrong type of players. He went style over substance.

2 Likes

KNIGHT AT GCS?

match made in heaven.

1 Like

Wonder how many rounds into next year I could contain myself from buying a SUNS membership if Knighta did his best Phoenix impression oh baby

In all seriousness I think the AFL does a bad job of second chances. Reckon Ratten would go alright as a head coach. Certainly was doing a better job at Carlton than Malty.

2 Likes

tbf a plank of wood would’ve done less harm than malty.

1 Like

Plank of wood probably makes in game changes.

2 Likes

Fk, thank christ they didn’t sack him next week

4 Likes

I don’t think they could do worse. The reality is that almost all successful coaches played in a premiership afl team or were an assistant coach in an AFL premiership team. Knights has neither.
In addition he was known to be divisive at Essendon and they just went through a multi unsuccessful recycled coach.

Whatever happened to Matthew Egan?

left for the afl love child melbourne.

Giants have a better academy and ridiculous zones set up. Riverina produces some good footy players.

I’d say OTT. Gold Coast, its cultural. You don’t throw heaps of money at young blokes living there. It’s where Australia has its bucks night.

Which is why footy teams of all codes fail. AFL needs to call it quits and move the suns licence to tassie or Brisbane.

Is that true that Ablett stays in a different hotel to the rest of the team? WTF?

1 Like

They’re completely wasting their time at the Gold coast. No sporting team in any code has ever been successful long term there.
There has to be half a dozen better options around the country to put a team. Hell, there are probably 2 or 3 better options in QLD.

3 Likes