Season 2017 - Gold Coast

In reality who of the players who have left have gone one to truly bite them?

All those picks, and so many misses.

Remember how many thought they’d be racking up the flags by now? Both GC and GWS, a 3-5 year period of dominance we’d currently be in the midst of. Kinda reminds me of how naievely in 1988 as a kid, my mates and I thought we’d still be playing Double Dragon at Chadstone Bowl 5-10 years later.

I’ll embarrassingly put my hand up and say I was one of those about 5 years ago who thought GC were nailed on to have snaffled at least one by now, followed by no less than a couple more to GWS.

1 Like

Everything I read just tallies up with what is already more or less out there in the public domain. Poxy culture, drug issues left right and centre, medical department verging on negligent, poor facilities, and an arrogant board with absolutely no idea what they’re doing.

It’s quick and easy to blame the coach, because he’s the one you see but maybe he never had any chance with all these other problems?

1 Like

Hutch made a good point on The Sounding Board last week, only just got to listening to it. Claims Eade more than any other coach has close relationships with all the higher up footy writers. So the articles post sacking depicted him favourably, being ousted from an ordinary organisation. Instead of the more accurate story of him being the wrong fit and having a garbage record there to show for it.

They are so close to becoming self-aware of their own bias.

Lol, … right.

Fat fk is right,… everyone else is wrong.

Pls.

Did Dustbin Damo agree?? Just add Wilson, and you’ll have the trifecta of sensationalist douchebags,.

6 Likes

Mmm blindly thrashing about is fun

These two are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

In fact, they’re quite the opposite. An ordinary organisation is much more likely to pick a coach who is the wrong fit, and a coach who is the wrong fit is much less likely to be able to improve an onrdinary organisation.

Eade has never copped it for being bang average.

3 Likes

Hey Brad, you’re now the unbackable favourite for the GC job

1 Like

Still reckon the AFL will make a massive offer to Roos.

Of the Scott brothers though, … you really think Brad’s the one they’d opt for?

I wouldnt think Roos would go up there. I think Collingwood would be the only job to tempt him if Bucks got the shaft

Can’t stand brad Scott but I think he’s actually a good fit?

If only for the possibility the entire club is shut down half way through his contract.

6 Likes

Hope so, got on him at $41

2 Likes

I would have thought the GC recruitment team’s job was to ensure unqualified flogs like him didn’t get the job.

But then again this is the Gold Coast, What price is Terry Wallace?

Talking about Wallace, his son is an umpire, I hadn’t realised that until this weekend.

Ablett named today but has now pulled out.
Who couldn’t see that happening, he has no interest ever playing for that rabble again

Good I hope GC dont trade him and “make” him retire.

I understand a want to go home and the whole fairy tale romance to retire where you were drafted, but he screwed that club over and demanded big bucks. He was a pathetic captain who didn’t lead by example and now this year he has sooked and pulled out of travelling games and cant even face up to play the last game of the season.

3 Likes

Exactly
What the actual is this crap about Cats fans putting their lights on to guide him home.
Hope they make the little God boy retire

just wait for all the geelong flogs in the media to talk about poor Gary and how he should be allowed home.

I hope they don’t trade him.They have paid him 1mil+ each year- they owe him nothing. If anything thing, he owes them. How many games has me missed now with a “hamstring”

1 Like