Season 2017 - GWS

well then im guessing they need the extra list spot. theres rumblings they might make a late bid for todd goldstein

I like Mumford, plays the game hard and generally pretty fair and got the best out of himself without being super skillful to start with. I respect that. You can liken him to any one of a bunch of Essendon warriors over the years, would you say the same thing about them?

If his body is truly breaking down to the point he needs a medical, I don’t know that it is a reason to revel in it as you are. Plenty of other overrated/sniper/hacks in the league to be happy about finishing the game with a bit of karma on the way out.

I’d say there is more than a bit of GWS mayo on it to get him to retire though.

Yes, what I dont like is disproportionate use of force. Both Mummy and Sandilands would take out much smaller players, sometimes from behind, and when the smaller player had not seen them. These guys are monsters and the use of force was disproportionate.

What I am also pointing out is that if they play like that, it does take a toll on their body also, so they might hit 30 other players really heavily each season. but they themselves take all 30 of those hits and in the end the sum of all hit impacts them more. So, is it so smart? Or is it better to play in a fairer and more skillful way.

Its no good crying out that his body has taken a big toll, when its at least in part due to the way he played.

One way or another, they will.
If he retires, they’ll have to pay next year’s salary this season.
The way around it is that they delist him, then take him in the rookie draft like they did with Patful.
That way, his contract stays in next year’s salary cap…

My brother once got in an argument with some country kids, who then called up their big mate for muscle. Long story short, Mumford picked up my brother and his mate, one in each hand, and threw them both into a drainage canal.

For some reason my brother isn’t too upset Mumford’s career is over…

2 Likes