Season 2017 - Richmond

they don’t make it if we poach caracella (i believe)

Caracella is in the running for the Gold Coast job.

I doubt he touches that basket case, will ruin any chance at a career.

1 Like

Would love to get him back at the club as an assistant

Fark the Tigers,

Tigers 2018?
A lot depends on how hard they want to party for the next ??? weeks / months.

1 Like

Given a clean slate post Ablett Jr, propped up by the league. No clear path to success but it’s the ultimate challenge for a budding young coach given a shitload of cash.

Maybe I should get a job with GC/AFL Human Resources?

One of the most sensible things I have heard all year.

I have no farking idea what is going on anymore.

I flew over for the Dreamtime game. Both teams played ■■■■. I was so angry that we lost to them because I thought they were a useless team.

But damn Hardwick had them in a trance for 4 weeks and they were legit the 3 best games they played all year.

You can’t keep that kind of intensity up for a full season. But he had them peaking at the precise moment.

Wonderful effort for a team that has less talent than many others.

1 Like

Caracella is NO fool and no one’s fool. Everywhere he has been, he has been successful. And; I guess that depends on how one equates success. By not going there and staying at Richmond or by going to the GCS, he sets his family up finiacally for life. Depends on how you view success.

Watching Richmond celebrate a flag makes my want to stick burning needle’s through my eyes.

4 Likes

At the beginning of the year Richmond was assessed by ( yes, I know) , Champion Data.
Their players were assessed as ( bold=Premiership Player )

Elite (3) Rance, Caddy, Edwards
Above Average (6) Cochin, Martin, Riewoldt, Miles Vlastuin, Maric
Average: (9) Macintosh, Prestia, Lloyd, Astbury, Lambert, Houli, Grigg, Griffiths, Grimes
Below Average (9) Nankervis, Rioli, Hampson,Morris,Hunt, BEllis, Batchelor,Yarran,Lennon.
Poor: (3) Cory Ellis, Short, Menadue

Unknown:(15) Butler, Castangna, Graham, Townsend

So, how did our list compare?
Elite: None, Above Average (6), Average(12) Below Average(6) Poor(6) Unknown(15)

The changes over the year probably 2 of Richmonds elite dropped down and one was elevated, so we now probably have the same number of elite players as Richmond.

Based on that, surely on paper,our playing group must be rated roughly the same as Richmond. But clearly they are a better team and have a premiership winning game plan and execution.

We need to toughen up.

Houli clearly a spent force.

Yes he is. He has been sliding down the rating since 2014, and now sits at 284, 30 below Marty Party, and just above Conor.
As such Houli is rated by BS Data at 45th best Small defender in the AFL.

Bit of a ‘scandal’ going on there at the moment.

The premiership medal photo?

1 Like

Yes.

Not saying anything will come from it, but their premiership is definitely tainted.

1 Like

Much ado about nothing.

And for context, part of an article:

“Police are investigating a Richmond player at the centre of a nude photo scandal and may lay charges for revenge ■■■■ after explicit images of a woman wearing a Tigers’ 2017 premiership medal were posted to social media without her consent.

Richmond president Peggy O’Neal has already condemned the images, which in one shot depict a topless woman wearing a medal awarded to the 2017 grand final winners, and in another show her from behind holding a Sherrin and in front of a Tigers club logo.

It has been reported the woman has claimed the images of her were circulated online and through text messages without her knowledge or consent, which could lead to charges being laid for using a mobile device or the internet to share nude images or suggestive material.”

Personally, I’m doubting the player will cop the full two years in jail punishment.

I’m calling bullcrap.

Which part?

The girls claim she didn’t know it was going to posted online.

2 Likes