Season 2017 - Richmond

I don’t disagree,he played very well. He wasn’t their key forward though, he was all over the ground in the Saint Nick style roaming CHF game (if you watched 7 you would have heard them say every freaking two minutes how many ks he covered, wish they would learn to keep the stats to a minimum, it’s great to know but you don’t need to keep saying it!). It left them short a forward so they plonked Taylor down there. What they missed was Menzel.

I still have no idea why they dropped Menzel as I’d say he has been their best forward this year.

I’d understand if he had been left out because he was injured but he was omitted for some reason.

Already told the club he is leaving? Personal issues? Something internal that no one else knows about?

2 Likes

There was talk at some stage about him leaving I think.

1 Like

Concur.
And BK, Menzel was dropped/threatened to be traded because he doesn’t tackle or run enough.
Just kicked 38 goals.

Edit. 38.14

Tiges belting the Dees in the VFL currently on C7.

Their vfl side is currently thrashing melbourne’s

1 Like

If menzel runs his overcooked tinned spaghetti knees would explode.

Tigers kicked 8.5 in the 2nd 1/4 in the VFL.

If the Cats midfield don’t kick goals, Geelong don’t win. Their forward line is busted pretty bad.

Interesting.

Thought he was good whenever I saw him this year.

They could have done with his nouse around goals last night, that’s for sure.

Taylor’s kicked 21.
So yeah, drop Menzel, I guess.
Because Taylor’s so good at covering ground.

Seriously. It’s not so much the underrating of Menzel, it’s the wild overrating of Taylor.
They think he’s a gun forward.

their whole list that paddy dangerfield and joel selwood.

It’s like they wanted him to do what Cale did for us this year.

Reminds me of that movie the Waterboy where a rival team see that they have turned their Waterboy into a star player so they try out their towel boy and he gets murdered.

1 Like

Yep classic blitz still compares us to them, I don’t get it

Compare the pair over the last 5 years

• Ability to make finals
  • Ability to win finals
  • Head to Head results
  • Coaching box
  • AA selections
  • Brownlows
  • Ability to land big fish
  • Ability to develop
  • Ability to select and trade for players from other teams

Literally all of areas they are head and shoulders above us

Just be realistic please

Literally all areas? Head and shoulders? Nah.

I assume since you included Brownlows you mean back to 2012, which is six seasons ago, but whatever.

Us: 3
Richmond: 4

Us: 0
Them: 1

Us: 6 players (Hurley, Hooker, Daniher, Zerrett, Watson, Heppell) for 8 selections
Richmond: 5 players (Rance, Martin, Riewoldt, Deledio, Cotchin) for 9 selections

Are you ■■■■■■■ serious?

3 Likes

:100:

Name their Brownlow winners in the last 5 years? They may get one this year for sure but they don’t have another one (and if you even try to say the 2012 Brownlow you better be prepared for some serious backlash from all of us).

1 Like

Some triggered folks here, referring more to Martins Brownlow this year

Point still stands RFC > EFC on field over the last 5 years

Arguably the match winner for them when they played Richmond in round 21. No hawkins that game. I can see why they backed it in. They don’t seem to have got hawkins and Taylor working well together.

What is the prize you get for a first round exit after finishing 5th? Pennant and cup? Or just a pennant?