Season 2017 - West Coast

He was mature age when he started I think.

1 Like

I remember seeing Priddis play for The Royals during the infamous “shake your cans, do it for the kids” incident at Leedervile Oval. Two things came to mind. 1) That’s a silly hairstyle and 2) He’s slower than I am. In hindsight, there’s not really much he can do with that wig so fair enough but his being slow on the trot didn’t stop him from being fast with his hands. He was like a gun incognito. You’d hardly notice him during play and then notice afterwards he had it 30 times + layed 15x tackles.

Tell us more about the shake your cans incident

A mate’s brother had a corporate box at Leederville Oval and one of the rules was that it had to be occupied for every East Perth home game. Mate’s brother raced jetboats and was in NZ for a race that weekend and had requested mate find other mates to fill the seats while he was away. Cut a long story short, after being force fed multiple wines and beers, the box got a little rowdy. The corporate boxes are located to the rear of the members section. A former player (can’t recall his name) and his young adult daughter were seated just in front of the box. Nearby was an older lady shaking a collection tin, raising money for junior football. In a scene reminiscent of Jake Blues offering to purchase the daughter of the family at an adjacent table, mate X, leaned over the railing and suggested to the father of the young lady that his daughter was perfectly suited to raising money through charity collection and that if she were to “shake her cans” he would certainly donate. He was incandescent with rage but words couldn’t come out of his mouth. Mate X then said, “c’mon luv, do it for the kids”. Bloke went mental but fortunately this happened just before half time and the siren combined with several “sorry mate” the situation was defused. More things happened below during the Presidents speech during lunch which resulted in mate X being grabbed around the neck by East Perth legend John Wynne, Michael Gardiner getting a phone call during the West Coast warm up at the MCG and some cheese wheels being taken from the Re Store without being payed for. More about those another day.

4 Likes

That’s Norwood legend John Wynne :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

He would have been in his 50’s when he grabbed mate X and he was a frightening sight up close. After the dust settled we agreed that if Wynnie started throwing bombs at mate X it would have been a 3x man job to reign him in.

Unlike Jones he has the most tackles ever in the AFL.

BK has temporarily lost his mind.

West Perth legend, not East Diggers.

Can’t believe that you of all posters would make a typo like that.

Priddis played for Subi @diggers ?

Honestly one of the only players in the history of the league I simply cannot say a bad word about. Cannot dislike him. Gets smashed into the turf week after week, NEVER carries on to the opposition, crowd or umpires, just gets on with it. Works like a dog and can fkn play.

Good on him and bravo.

4 Likes

Not even close mate. Worst comparison ever.

That’s right. My mistake. He was playing for Subi against the Royals.

He coached West Perth but played for East Perth?

No
Played and coached at West Perth.
In between his playing and coaching stint he came over to Adelaide and was a absolute champion at Norwood for nearly 200 games

1 Like

He hasn’t been the same since Gene Wilder died.

1 Like

That’s intriguing. Why was John Wynne at an East Perth President’s lunchtime address? And it was definitely John Wynne because bystanders were saying “Wynnie, take it easy”.

Think it is slightly untemporary

Greg ‘Venom’ Denham just said that M Priddis retired in a stinky because he was dropped for the Brisbane game. He’s trolling the audience. Surely?

Your mate sounds like a ■■■■ - should’ve let Wynnie have his way with him.