Season 2018 - Adelaide

If it’s true that Jacobs was interrogated about his deceased brother, I’m so glad that Francis wasn’t traded there. Imagine the damage that could have been done to him on the camp!

13 Likes

■■■■■■ hell, I hadn’t even thought of this. That would have been disasterous.

1 Like

He would have been lost to football forever if that happened.

2 Likes

In my long working life, employers (usually very large multinationals) have run team-building and team-bonding “camps”. One I did back in the 1980’s was just downright dangerous physically and very dangerous emotionally. We nearly lost a guy to drowning in a water based exercise, where we were rafting across a wide expanse on crafts the “team” built. We did lose a young lady who quit, after an “embarassment” session and she was never seen again at work. The irony was that this Company had always had as number 1 on your yearly objectives “safety”. Most of us just went along with all the stuff thrown at us, but I am sure some never really recovered.

This crowd the Crows used need to be investigated by WorkSafe or someone like them, as these practices are not safe. I thought this type of BS was gone for “training”, but obviously not.

When I was in recruitment, the industry used and still probably does psychological assessments which can be just a questionairre or an interview with a consultant. I had expected these consultants to be trained psychologists but more often than not they had no qualifications. Again a potentially dangerous practice.

5 Likes

Maybe they should have just looked at introducing a more contested style of football. They’ve been front runners for while. Last year they were just very good front runners and there weren’t a lot of teams around good to expose them for it.

1 Like

Eddie Betts, just wow

1 Like

It’s a fake

Really? Dammit, it looked so good.

Agree. I played it again and the lightning struck the same.

3 Likes

That’s the first time it has ever happened according to folklore.

Adelaide have been cleared by the AFL over the preseason camp.

Huge surprise that…

If that was a typical workplace boot camp then people would be getting fired considering how many complaints have come from it.

4 Likes

Didn’t wanna clog the Saad thread;
IMO writing has been on the Betts wall for a while now.
Has kinda reminded me of Ricky Ponting at the end of his career - the odd knock/game that makes you think he’s still got it in amongst a myriad of games at well below previous output.

I think he suggested he would be retiring at seasons end? (at least that’s what i thought) Not surprising. Has been one of the best small forwards but, as others say regularly in here, the end often comes quickly.

Fantastic player, and overall great guy.

1 Like

Contracted for next year on not bad coin

Can’t believe Betts got dropped after he shut down and played a defensive role on stopping Saad, his 2 tackles was a mighty effort

2 Likes

And they dropped Greenwood who is the only Crow I can remember taking a forward 50 mark in the second half.
They have an idiosyncratic view of form in Adelaide that’s for sure.

1 Like

We’re showing that back half slingshot footy at extreme pace works. You’d think others will try and copy, esp if our run continues into finals. That means small fwds who aren’t tackle machines with tanks to patrol the whole backhalf, are going to be a liability. That’s Betts unfortunately

We’ve only really done it once.

Saad, Oirish, even Redman have a highlights reel of backhalf runs spanning quite a few games now… there’ll be teams looking to copycat