Season 2018 - Hawthorn

Ben Mcglynn
Tyrone Vickery
Jonathon O’Rourke
Franklin!!!

VICKERY!!!

2 Likes

Hawks have told Michington that they want him to play in mid along with Mitchell and O’Meara. Also interesting that his wedding was attended by heaps of Hawks players and almost no Saints players.

Not players they’ve recruited, more players they have let go. As Mosquito was effectively theirs, they have let him go.

B McGlynn was ok but no world beater.

As for FRANKLIN!, I don’t think they wanted to let him go.

I don’t even know who O’Rourke is.

1 Like

Who are the two in the back seat?

My crap detector alarm just went off. What stage is denial again?

So instead of celebrating us getting him you have spent the time trying to insinuate that there is something wrong with the guy for Hawthorn to give him up.

Then you end it with a “Look, I hope it works out” which means you expect him to be a bust.

Quality posting from you Diggers.

3 Likes

But every recruiting decision is one guy vs another guy.
That’s just how it works.
You pick Kieran Lovell, you’re passing on Cuningham and Dunkley
You trade pick 19 for ORourke, you’re passing on Boekhorst and Laverde

And so on and so forth.

Every club takes in 4+ new guys a year, that’s 4 guys they decided to take over 15 other guys that were there for the taking.

Suggesting they’ve never made a blue in that dept, is so obviously, clearly, and stupidly wrong-headed, I’m surprised even you’re saying it.
I think the heavy metals from the slag piles must be leaching into the water supply over there.

2 Likes

You know, you can be happy for the lad and curious about the circumstances of his drafting concurrently. You’re quite simple, doesn’t mean the rest of us share your lack of nuance.

1 Like

Didn’t say they don’t make blues. Saying they don’t seem to make too many.

Hawthorn passed on Ryder back in the day for a reason that I can’t recall and that in hindsight was a blue. Hopefully this one is too.

Because Hawthorn traded out one of their best young players (Burton) from and already thin backline and needed to replace him as a number 1 priority. There’s nothing sinister about any of this. They were just really lacking in another area of the ground and decided to address that instead of taking a kid who probably wont play AFL footy for anther 18 months. Hawthorn are in an awkward position with how this played out. If Mosquito never plays a game then to the bombers he’s just another kid who didn’t make it at the next level. If he turns out to be a really good player then Hawthorn will be reminded of it continually over his whole career.

1 Like

I am wondering if Clarkson thinks, he can still woo Cyril back to play at Hawthorn? Mozzie was theirs to lose and our gain. He will definitely make his mark at Essendon.

Would you expect anything else?

1 Like

You’re simpler than Icey. Kindred spirits.

Fark hawthorn.

They chose needs.
And we’re hoping would get mosquito after their first pick.

Every call is speculation at this stage of a draftee’s career. As always, time will tell.

Regardless, Mosquito has the best footballer’s name since Achie Duda. He’s already a winner.

2 Likes

Has Cyril kept his fitness up or let himself go??

You do seem to be ■■■■■■■■ on a kid that everybody around here is pretty excited about. Play devils advocate by all means, but you seem to be putting a little too much effort into dampening the mood.

We get your point, maybe the hawks passed because they know something about him that we don’t. Also consider that they desperately need to repair a hole in their list because of the Wingard trade so they had to pass on Mozzy.

1 Like