Season 2018 - Hawthorn

You’re assuming it’s wrong. I’d like to know what Hawthorn’s motivations in passing were. That’s all. Maybe they needed a defender as speculated above. There is definitely a reason, which is yet to be revealed. Doesn’t mean they’ve made the right call.

Anyway, stop projecting your insecurities, onion hands. You want to cringe, cringe it up over there where no one can see you.

I’m confident our #38 will play more games than their #38 from a friggin’ superdraft.

And anyone named Koschitzke, too.

So ■■■■ Hawthorn.

1 Like

Valid explanations have been made.

1. They have greater needs in other areas of their list.
  2. They drafted in Wingard and the ex - Saint, so Mosquito became superfluous to an extent.
  3. They probably hoped he would still be available at a later pick.

If these reasons aren’t sufficient, then you are probably better off asking for answers on an Dawks forum. Good luck with that, they are still in denial, claiming now that he wasn’t good enough, or was never part of their strategic planning, or some such nonsense.

3 Likes

All reasonable explanations.

If hawthorn didn’t get o’meara they could have got

23,36,2017 first, 2017 second

23 Brandon Parfitt pick was Ben Long
36 Willie Rioli/ Tom Stewart lpick was Josh Battle
2017 1st Darcy Fogarty/Aiden Bonar pick was Hunter Clark
2017 2nd Zerk-Thatcher/ got Worpel earlier pick was Andrew Macpherson

Perhaps the Dawks thought no one would bid on Mozzie and were hoping to add him to their rookie B list.

1 Like

You didn’t ask making it sound like it was a simple question, you insinuated that they saw something wrong with Mozzie so didn’t want him. Your whole premise for asking was to sow a sense of doubt in who we picked up because the Almighty Hawthorn Football club didn’t want him.

Also Hawthorn made public declarations about why they didn’t but you keep pushing that there is something more.

6 Likes

No, your little “Hawthorn uber alles” theory is wrong.

Mossie could be great or could be poop, time will tell.

But you fappin over Hawthorn ‘cos they “don’t often get it wrong” is already poop.

1 Like

Yeah but Dean Rioli went full Dean Rioli all during his playing days too.

Cringe over there, onion hands.

I didn’t insinuate, you went full Icey and ‘assumed’ you knew what I meant.

See, this is what happens when you try to read between the lines when you can’t read.

Your capacity to find the sinister in everything is limitless.

You’ve been told numerous times in this thread the possible reasons ( which seem likely ) why Hawthorn passed on Mosquito - You are like a broken down record.

1 Like

I’m a broken record?

Irony seems lost on you…

1 Like

Interesting that 4 or 5 of us have picked up the same, apparently imagined, insinuation.

3 Likes

glad you guys are doing this in the hawks thread. the Mozzie thread is nothing but good vibes. i already love the kid

2 Likes

The Hawk player acquisition model appears to be primarily focused on picking old and/or injured guys.

Hopefully they all turn out to be, in fact, old and injured.

2 Likes

No surprise really. You glass half full types are drawn towards each other. Must be all the spilled onions.

You are the one trying to dig for something sinister from Hawthorn and Mozzie, not me. Maybe if admitted this you might go some way to extricating yourself from the circle of doom you have created about Mozzie. Or equally you can head off to the Sydney forum instead and talk about Franklin and his “not” drug taking.

1 Like

Some rate Hawthorn at 10th to 12th next year. Some say Clarko can walk on water and has the intellect of Einstein, so they reckon Hawthorn will finish top 4 again.

2018 was a false spring. They are going down. Take it to the bank.

3 Likes

Sicily suggested as a possible captain, given Roughhead has given that up today.

Talk about a contrast in how others will view the Dawks…