Season 2018 - Western Bulldogs

This explains it all.

Is Luke Beverige actually that good?

They won the flag because of an incredible four week run and a lot of luck just going their way. Beveridge was clearly a driver of it, but, as stupid as this sounds, what has he actually done aside from that four week run?

They were nowhere in 2012, 13 and 14 under McCartney. In 15 they improved with largely the same list and pundits note that the list was seriously underperforming in 2014 and the coach just didn’t have control of the playing group.

A new coach comes in and a cloud lifts and they begin to win some games. They finish 6th in 2015, 7th in 2016 and out of the 8 in 2017. Not really any improvement.

Beverige can clearly bring a group together, but can he pull off a list turnaround and a game plan a la Clarkson, Longmire etc? I don’t think sound I don’t see the Dogs threatening again in the near future.

FIXED

4 Likes

Hold on. Watching Footy Classified-lite on afl.com.au … Caleb Daniel and Lin Jong didn’t play?

One round isn’t much to go by, but if they are going to self destruct, who can we lure across in 2019?

I heard Susan Alberti asked to be locked out of the ground.

7 Likes

And Mitch Wallis.

None of them injured.

A lot of off-field internal management squabbling going on from all reports.

Did they play in the reserves? Remarkable.

Beveridge has done some strange things as a coach the last 12 months

Appears to be an astounding amount of self interest around the place.

1 Like

Why the fk would you not play Caleb Daniel? Kid is a gun

4 Likes

I look at the Buckley and Bevo situations and it really says a lot about man management and stability being a prerequisite of a well run club and a team performing well on field.

Getting that kind of cohesiveness and buy-in is not easily achieved and it can fall apart quickly.

The really good clubs solidify that to another level, where it can sustain a poor run of form (which generally happens for a month in a season) and not capitulate. Even a poor season and not capitulate.

I want to see Essendon get to this and achieve a 5 year period of sustained success.

5 Likes

Why the fark would you play Easton wood forward.

1 Like

Bevo drinks his own bath water

1 Like

Why indeed…
Things that make you go hmm…

Bevo may have lost his mind.

Nah, they couldn’t have done with Stringer at all…

I assume this means they have all been on the coke and it’s all Stringer’s fault because he was a bad influence.

Egotistical maniac coaches are my favourite thing but Bevo and Ross the Boss aren’t doing their breed any favours atm.

1 Like