Season 2019 - Collingwood

You people are ■■■■■■■ nuts.

8 Likes

Yes he would because Collingwood would pay him back over time. It would also explain how a team which has so many midfield stars bought from other clubs can afford them and to keep Grundy under the cap.

Pendles, Trelor, Sidebottom would be on big coin, 800ish. (2.4m)

Hoskin-Elliot, Adams, Wells, Mayne, Aish, Greenwood, Varcoe all came from other clubs and would be 400+ (4.2m)

DeGoey just signed (600+)

That’s 7 million on half a side with a 14 million cap and Grundy would command 800+.

6.2 million accross 32 players (190k each) without Beams. To be able to get Beams on 500-700k a season would be almost impossible unless he took a massive haircut. This story provides a pretty solid logic why Beams would drop serious $ to come to collingwood.

1 Like

Thank god they - apparently- got fuct over. Can’t remember the press when umpiring cost us the Anzac Day game.

Very interesting that Freo; 2nd most miserly defence in the comp are beating sides like Collingwood, (whose game plan is similar to ours) This adds to the notion that build your defence first, then add the forward line. This is the Roos/ Lyon philosophy.

Its pretty clear now with us sitting at the 6th best defence in the comp even with a poor forward line, the injuries to our forwards are looking like the reason for our failure to at least be square with the ledger or +1, and thus be around 5-8 at the bye.

1 Like

Apparently Beams has injured his hip and will need surgery.

1 Like

Doesn’t surprise me he was non existent on the weekend against freo. Didn’t look interested

Been battling something all year it seems

DeGoey not right of late either

Diddums

2-3 months minimum

Not treating it as true, but I find every bit of it 100% believable

Beams pulled a huge u turn late last year. Something changed.

1 Like

Funny how we cop it for potentially overpaying for Shiel yet Collingwood give up 2 first rounders for an injury riddled over the hill ■■■■ for brains gambling addict.

4 Likes

Laters, you massive racist.

“Following the [Winmar] incident, then Collingwood president Allan McAllister appeared on television in defence of his club, claiming the Magpies were not racist. He ended the interview shockingly stating that Indigenous players would be accepted by the community “… as long as they conduct themselves like white people, well, off the field, everyone will admire and respect them.”

6 Likes

War erupts?
Bucks doesn’t like Malthouse. Malthouse doesn’t like Bucks. That’s OK, the whole issue is a storm in a teacup called AFL Footy in Melbourne.

But Buckley can blame himself. In his interviews, every question is like turning on a tap. Everything contained in Buckleys brain even remotely related to the question just spews out each time. Sometimes its moderately interesting, mostly its repetition of the world according to Bucks ad nauseum.

Has he ever heard of the expression “too much information” ?

Shoot me but I don’t mind Buckley.

And as far as them having a crack at each other in public i have no issue with that either.

The AFL is pretty sterile as it is so it cant hurt.

9 Likes

yep - go figure, two colleagues not being on best terms with each other. We’ve never seen that happen in a workplace.

5 Likes

Didnt they have a pick coming back though?

EDIT: got 41 and 44 coming back. Gave up pick 18 and considering how close they were last year, you can forgive them for giving up pick 15 or so.

We are clearly doing it that way which is fine, hope to see progression soon though.

I have met both these guys, and Buckley is the much nicer bloke to talk with. He is open and seems very honest and not up himself at all. Malthouse was a wedding we attended a few years ago and was more grumpy than normal. After a while, everyone including his Wife gave him a very wide berth.

6 Likes

Malthouse has gone out of his way to criticise his successor whilst being a great big steaming pile of crap at his new job.

That’s the beginning and the end of it regarding those two for me.

Buckley gets my respect for defending Hirdy when hardly anyone else would.

Took guts and integrity.

10 Likes

The point is that while Buckley is OK a good guy etc, and I get that, he just talks too much, goes into too much detail, and when he goes into those long diatribes, its like theres no filter.

Thats OK if its your wife explaining why she threw your clothes out on the back lawn and set fire to them. Its just too much information coming from a footy coach. I listened once or twice. I dont bother any more.

1 Like