Season 2019 - Collingwood

One of the former Mrs Fox, did not have to explain why she set fire to my clothes, it was pretty obvious and in fact fair enough.

I actually like Bucks “diatribes” as he is very informative about footy and coaching, something most Blitzers know fark all about.

4 Likes

Bucks wanted to dismantle the 2011 team and start again (and he did). Mickey Mousehouse wanted to keep the team together and go again at a flag in 2012 and 2013.
How could 2 senior coaches with such polar opposite views on the right strategic direction for the club, work closely together? Mick had to go if they wanted to keep Bucks, and I think Eddie understood that.

I’ve always had plenty of time for Bucks which stems back to when he was still fairly young and playing in the SANFL. The couple of times we met he was just a ripping lad and even then he was a massive footy “nerd” and you knew he was going to go far. He was playing league at Port and his best mate played for my local side at the time. Bucks would come out every week possible to watch him and would spend considerable time before and after the game having shots at goal and having a kick with anyone. He wasn’t well known then but you could tell he was something special

8 Likes

4 Likes

I must have seen that movie 20 times or more.

It’s a classic.

2 Likes

I reckon he is one of the more insightful, measured and genuine people in footy.

Even if he is just a footy coach.

2 Likes

Gimme Bucks over Malt

1 Like

He threw bomber fans under the bus the other week though when he thought the booooos were for Pendlebury.

Was he suggesting we’re we were booing Pendles or was he saying that the timing of the booing was poor?

Either way I think he was just making a point that his captain and a champion player had nothing to do with the umpires decisions and deserved the respect of the crowd for his performance.

I can sort of understand that if it the roles were reversed.

2 Likes

Pretty sure it was the former.

Supposedly the crowd had been booing for the last few minutes of play, and went right through the presentation. Said something like ‘shame on you for booing a champion’

Then someone pointed out to him all the times Pies fans have booed people, including a couple weeks earlier, and he changed his tune.

2 Likes

Yeah I was at the game and the booing went on for quite a while. I don’t have an issue with the booing, in fact I wish there was more of it.

Don’t have an issue with Bucks saying what he did either. It’s all part of the theatre of footy in my opinion.

Sheeds was great at creating a headline where there wasn’t one.

1 Like

Malthouse signed the succession deal then wanted to backtrack when the team turned into a power - that is fact.

He then pulled the whole ‘I was vulnerable at the time because my mother passed away otherwise I wouldn’t have signed’ bullocks.

He then treated Buckley as an errand boy during 2011 and then tried to start a mini coup amoungst the players to get him reinstated

I’ve always liked Mick M, but he really did treat Buckley poorly

2 Likes

I’ve never liked Mick Malthouse. Serious douchebag in my book.

13 Likes

Its become very fashionable to preach the philosophy; “You don’t have to be liked”

That philosophy sat well with Malthouse even before it was popularised.

1 Like

Anyone remember beau waters elbowing jobey to the face and knocking him out and the wce fans booing him off? Cry me a river nafan

4 Likes

This game needs more booing not less

Now mick is crying how his family have been affected by Buckley’s comments. How about the comments you made during the saga about our players you old fool

7 Likes

“They feel as if any time I put my head up to collect an accolade, or explain how Buckley’s a dud, Eddie screwed me, I’d have won three more flags with Collingwood, the players really loved me, me, me and didn’t want me to go, it was the umpire’s/players/Eddie’s/Bucks’/a bloke I met at the pub’s fault that we lost the Grand Final or I open my fat mouth and further diminish what should be an outstanding legacy, it gets knocked straight over.”

3 Likes

I love how he sledged them and then publicly offered his coaching services during the ban and they told him where to go. Delicious.

9 Likes

And he wanted a million to do it.

2 Likes