Season 2019 - Collingwood

And I felt like when he asked at the time, the only reason was so he could know what happened to them, not anything to do with helping the players.

Jaidyn Stephenson betting on footy doing the rounds.

If true that’s a whole new level of stupidity.

1 Like

Plenty of players do it, most are just smart enough to do it via a third party. Having heard Stephenson a few times though he makes Tex look like a Rhodes scholar

5 Likes

Jack Crisp at Pies last time also

1 Like

Pies in the spotlight this week on ‘the couch’

Belted by North, should have lost to Dogs week before. They are only just going at present.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2019-inside-brutal-collingwood-honesty-session-as-soft-efforts-exposed-against-north-melbourne/news-story/a4ba4e22a18d406c3c23881995fae39f

1 Like

please, please, please fall in a big heap this year…

10 Likes

Imo they’ve only just been going since before anzac day.
Time will tell if they can lift a gear or two , but at present they are a fair way off it imo.

1 Like

i’d love to be just half going and sitting at what, 10 and 4?

2 Likes

A bit like our “just going”… only at 10-4 not 7-7…

On balance, I think I’d prefer theirs…

Pies’ honesty session delivers uncomfortable truths

Michael Gleeson

By Michael Gleeson

July 1, 2019 — 5.48pm

Magpies skipper Scott Pendlebury.

Magpies skipper Scott Pendlebury.CREDIT:AAP

Collingwood players endured an unsparing, raw review of Saturday’s game in an honesty session that captain Scott Pendlebury hoped would make the game a blip on the radar.

Coach Nathan Buckley had spoken post-match of the unavoidable and unpalatable truth of players jumping out of the way and not playing with the commitment demanded. Monday’s review, according to captain Scott Pendlebury, was deeply uncomfortable.

“I have not sat through one of those in a while,” Pendlebury said.

"We are a pretty honest group but this was different honesty. Seeing stuff in the game which is stuff we are good at and we pride our game on – we didn’t like seeing it shown back to us. When it is not structural or game plan or not following team rules it is the basics of the game for the last 150, 140 years it is hard to look at…

1 Like

Look at there next 4, they could lose all 4 & I hope like hell they do.
Hawks, who always play well against them & have won 4 of their last 5 against them
Weagles in Perth, the Filth can’t even beat them in Melb, so no chance.
GWS away in Sydney, where as we found out, are hard to beat.
Richmond, who are slowly getting back some of their good players

4 Likes

Buckley read the tea leaves ( or stats) or just watched them going soft over the last 3-4 weeks.
So he has been getting progressively more angry and ramping up the public criticism of the players at the after game pressers.

That is old style. It will be interesting to see if it works, because the 80s and 90s rants might have worked but current wisdom is to go softly softly with this generation of players.

2 Likes

16 Likes

27-11 what a joke of a count for a team that got so comprehensively beaten.

2 Likes

If Blitz is to be believed…
Use one of the following…

• It’s not the number of free’s you get, it’s where you get them.
  • Their free kicks resulted in goals whereas ours were in a position where the opposition had time to flood back.
  • It’s not the ones they paid. It’s the ones they didn’t pay.
1 Like

The difference between Collingwood and us is they get up when they need to. I haven’t been following them but they’ll find a way to win most of those games.

As annoying as that sounds.

1 Like

This is a very tricky draw for them.
Possibly, the most difficult for any team to finish the season.

If they continue their patchy form into Friday night, I think the Hawks could roll them.
Don’t worry, for all their current flaws, the Hawks are a proud club and will be searching for a win.

Pies lose this one, I can definitely see an Adelaide, Brisbane, or even Richmond pinching 4th spot !

2 Likes

Beams taking leave on mental health grounds.
Troubled person.