Season 2019 - Gold Coast

2 METER CONTRACT EXTENTION PETER

Those 3 contract extensions are great news for Gold Coast.
If they can avoid losing talented youngsters over the next few years this crop looks like their best hope since their inception.

I think they’ve got a coach who is teaching them well and a leadership group that is really buying in. I reckon they’ll stay competitive over the remainder of the year and end up with 5 or 6 wins. Next year I expect 8 or 9

1 Like

I was more interested in this little tidbit at the end.

“Dynamic running player Jack Martin remains out of contract and is drawing strong interest from the Western Bulldogs and Carlton.”

Leaving the Gold Coast to go to Carlton would be the worst. You would think he would want to play for a decent team at some stage.

1 Like

Bulldogs would have a lot of cash lying around. If they can’t find/lure a key forward then they’d offer him a fat contract.

Norf may make some big moves once they sort out their coaching situation, I can see them offering up $$ and some of their better older players to bring in some talent, god knows they need some class at that joint.

Is this for Martin or Dew?

4 Likes

Dogs are the ones with the cash, Picken and Boyd we’re both in good coin. Probably over a mill a season to throw around.

What an interesting graphic.

7 Likes

Does the AFL double down now or is the GC just a sports wasteland and they should fold?

Wasteland. Fold.

I personally can’t wait for the Gold Coast to be reclaimed by the sea

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2019-gillon-mclachlan-says-afl-made-no-strategic-errors-when-establishing-gold-coast/news-story/d33aea02e274684d220e24d311383eb7

Sometimes you don’t even need to put a negative spin on a story for it to be personally damning.

1 Like

Gillon McLachlan says the AFL doesn’t make mistakes

Untitled

5 Likes

No errors indeed.

1 Like

All tickety boo here

7 Likes

5 Likes

The emperor has no clothes