Season 2019 - Hawthorn

As far as delusions go, that is a major one. Huge attempted wind up.

6 Likes

Forget patton and Daniher

I had a hawks mate message me the rumour is Buddy back to Hawks, on a Tom Scully type deal, ie minimum draft cost. they just pickup salary.

@Diggers will cry.

That guy is a troll. Tell him to keep his hands above his waist.

1 Like

I could actually see that one happening…

Swans won’t be a premiership threat in the next few years. Free up the cap space, sign their important kids and allow for trade/free agent options…

4 Likes

For sure. Although the transfer mechanics would be “interesting”.
Then again we know the Hawks get away with magic. Eg Scully for a future 4th rounder.

I love Buddy but he isn’t worth much on the trade table. Especially with the cap space he carries.

Buddy won’t move back to Melbourne. He’s happy up there, can do what he likes in his extra curricular activities and doesn’t get pestered. The main reason he left the Hawks was lifestyle.

2 Likes

The whole, Hawthorn having the best medical team of all time, ignores the good work other clubs do in getting injured players on the park. Seriously, Burgoyne came to Hawthorn post surgery and did the normal recovery for that type of injury. O’Meara had missed 2 years of footy and played 6 games in his first year at the club. Getting back on the park was a formality after that length of time and Scully, he was always going to play, it was only a matter of when. Little about the medical team and more about the professional/obsessive player keen to get back on the park.

CLARKO FIXED THEM AND YOU WILL LIKE IT!

3 Likes

Clarko says they are a middle of the table team.
75% of their score kicked by Breust and Gunston. Mcevoy humbled. Stratton the captain worst on the ground. Scully ran out of steam. Omeara tagged and annihilated by Harmes. Wingard a 'mare. That all inflicted by a side hopelessly out of form .
Looks like Clarko’s assessment is spot on.

2 Likes

Hawthorn are finished. Called it pre-season. Their midfield is putrid without Mitchell. The old boys are slowing down, Wingard is a complete seagull, and they have no star youngsters coming through.

2 Likes

We are so going to bottle this season. So many teams are sliding down or completely falling off the cliff, we have a massive chance to make top 4 and we’ll bottle it.

4 Likes

Chad.

1 Like

I wonder if anybody will come chasing Gunstan. 27 and would transform any forward line. Be hard for the Hawks to keep him with their salary cap model.

Not as many as would have chased him 2 years ago. He isn’t the same player as he was then. The demise of the Dawks looks imminent, but it isn’t complete. They still have a way to go to reach bottom. Dees looked hungrier yesterday, and although wasteful always had the Dawks measure, who had too many passengers.

Clarko has done a Sheedy trying to pinch another flag with an aging list. They sold their future with the trades for Mitchell and O"Meara. Wingard is not the answer as a quick fix replacement.

Gunstan work best when there is a dominant key position player next to him. With Buddy and Roughead up and running he always had that. But tiers Buddy gone and Roughead aging he is the main guy, which he is good at, just not as dominant as he was. A team like Melbourne could really use his forward craft, leadership and quality.

Grew up supporting us as a kid.

Dangle a second rounder for him.

Like we need another forward flanker.

1 Like