Season 2019 - Hawthorn

So just like that Stevie dude

1 Like

I think it’s a bad call. Hawks aren’t making the 8 this year, whether Roughy plays or not. He’s a club champion, and former captain, who has been diagnosed with cancer and missed a year of his career as a result. I think in those circumstances it’s a d/ck move by Hawthorn to drop him.

No guarantees sought.
No guarantees given.

1 Like

Carlton could have done with a Hodge General.
even if it was only when simpson was missing.

Nah.

His standing (plus having a fkg contract!!) is enough IMHO to keep him on the list.

And I’m 100% sure he will get a farewell game.

Not sure about every week, if his form’s not there.

1 Like

Have to question whether this comes at a cost. Players will start weighing this up when moving clubs, knowing that Hawthorn will throw them in the trash once they’ve extracted what they wanted from them.

Thats all clubs

just look at how Hocking/Howlett/Stanton were treated

Not sure you can compare those 3 to Roughhead. Stanton maybe but even that’s stretching it.

You’re doing it wrong.
Because Clarko is a champ and you’re looking at the negatives.

I have a sinking feeling that Hawthorn will win another flag before we do.

Probably the lesson from hawks & cats is they move their aging champs on quickly to clear cap space to enable them to grab high quality free agents. They don’t care so much about the borderline player, who may step up later in their career, but is not using up excessive cap space. But I still expect gravity to kill off both of those clubs. Cats aren’t far away from oblivion. Everyone can fake it once.

IMO IF cats lose Tim Kelly at the end of the year they are almost cooked for a flag tilt unless they recruit a very good player back to them. like Jeremy Cameron that has been reported.

Geelong could trade Kelly to Eagles, and pick up coniglio as a free agent, they would be looking like more of a destination club than Hawthorn.

but unlike Hawks they have some decent players running around in the ressies (like constable) and better kids in the side.
Zac Smith and Henderson are playing ressies as well and would be good backups.
They have made Rohan look like a world beater.

But yeh aging stars still carrying them - Ablett, Danger, Selwood
But Kelly addition ahs been good and Dalhaus as a role player has been very handy as well

last year forwardline was largely reliant on Menzel and Hawkins. This year you seem to have more avenues, especially with Danger there as well. and its a lot speedier.

And Koldashnij has developed into a good player - looks very solid compared to his twin brother at the dees. thats a testament to the cats program that they turned the less rated twin into the better player. I still think kade would be good. But his development has been poor at the suns.

Hawks have Breust, up forward, sicily down back, Mitchell in the middle but not this year, but Omeara been ok. but rely more on their Brand than one or two stars.
Cousins stepped up but might look like being a ok player.
And worpel been good.
Scrimshaw trade worked out well, got him bargain basement price.
But yeh If you were hawks list manager you would want to keep your 1st,2nd and third round draft picks this year and head to the draft.

O’Meara is good, but has been shown to be very susceptible to a tag. Like only getting 4 touches after Harmes went to him. Thats not all. Harmes was able to do a lot of damage the other way while shutting O’meara down.

Everybody know it now. O’Meara will need to work through it from now on. Until he plays Essendon of course.

1 Like

And Brendon Goddard.

What was Chad Wingard thinking…going to Hawthorn?

■■■■ Whorethorn

1 Like

Probably true re high paid older players vs jobbers.

I’m still not drinking the kool aid regarding their list management as a whole. Not healthy for a mid table side to have 9 x 30 year olds, especially when half of them aren’t getting a game.

“Destination club”
Sure.
“Destination Bottom 4 Club”

1 Like

THE CLARKO FACTOR :upside_down_face:

Does Stratton ever win a contest these days ?
This guy has regressed massively with the captaincy.