Season 2019 - Hawthorn

Since he chopped the mullet.

1 Like

Fallen off the cliff since we lost to them last year.
Or has he? History shows when we bomb it long too often, we get picked off. In that game probably any decent defender would have picked us off.

who names their child chad ffs

1 Like

One of my bosses names is Chad at work and in his late 40’s, I think the same every time, is it short for Chadley ?? Its a ■■■■■■■ weird name

who names their country chad ffs

1 Like

A friend in China, is married to a Chad. l went to the wedding. His full name is Chadwick. l would be keeping that pretty quiet if l were him. Chad is very much preferable by way of comparison.

1 Like

People love calling me Benjamin which is my name, and think its funny, I actually dig it I say Been Jammin

1 Like

The British?

LOL. Desperation at Hawthorn. Roughie is going to Sydney. Apparently he has played well in the VFL and has earned the right to play in the AFL team?

That’s not what I heard. I heard he lowered his colors to Zerk last weekend and failed to kick a goal.
Zerk among our bests, Roughie not in the Hawks bests nor troubling the scorers?.

1 Like

Its a wonder they didnt give Ross a go? 4 goals against a good vfl defence.

So now the Hawks want to stamp out racism :joy:

Will be wearing training tops with the number 37 on them before the game against Sydney this week to show their support of Goodes

1 Like

To be fair, Roughead did kick a point. Plus the on-the-full in the closing moments to more or less confirm our win.

5 Likes

Sounds like the selection of Roughie is more to appease the angry Hawks supporters than actually improve their chances of winning. But mainly the Hawthorn people were annoyed that Mitch Lewis was not picked. I think they realise Lewis is the future, Roughie is the past. Not a good move to go back to the well.

Sorry. Alir Alira is going to slice Roughy up and have him on toast.

Deflection of Jeff’s earlier comments

Has now been (brutally) brought back by the (brutal) genius Clarkson.

1 Like

Clarkson should move on to another club.
hawks are in for a few years of pain.
Even with Mitchell back, they lack the extra mids to run through the midfield when it comes finals time and their forward line looks shot.

Retirements end of year - poppy, Roughy, Birchall - they havent performed so no big loss now. But they dont have replacements screaming to be selected.
Burgoyne probably plays on to beat Goodes Aboriginal record most games played (and they need him). Probably should retire though.

Henderson is one of their best so should get a 1 year deal
Frawley 50/50 if he goes on, i reckon they would like a 1 year deal, but he is slowing down.
Schoenmakers should be cut.
Tim Mohr as well

then they just need to find some players

Meh if they do or don’t who gives a toss

9 x 30 year olds on their list

It’s gunna be long and painful

5 Likes

Their midfield isn’t too bad. Not world beaters but at least compedative. They’ve got big problems at either end of the ground though.

This is pretty funny for a club that apparently has 80,000+ members

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2019-hawthorn-fans-have-been-spoiled-says-ceo-justin-reeves-amid-worst-crowds-in-over-a-decade/news-story/9f532bb1b94effc4c84bcac16a841ff0?fbclid=IwAR04rjkXGeTvo8zqH_P8cCC55vuM5qb455IREns9bHIZ4ZQoAGVb9YQiO5s

AFL 2019: Hawthorn fans have been ‘spoiled’ says CEO Justin Reeves amid worst crowds in over a decade

AFL

Max Laughton

Less than 15,000 fans were in attendance for Hawthorn’s upset win over GWS in Round 8. (AAP Image/Julian Smith)Source: AAP

Hawthorn CEO Justin Reeves admits his club’s fans have been “pretty spoiled” in recent seasons and are “voting with their feet” amid their worst crowds in over a decade.

The Hawks may finish below an average attendance of 30,000 this year, which would be for the first time since 2006.

But the club has cited its fixture as a cause. Hawthorn was handed just one Friday night game this year and six Sunday afternoon (3:20pm) games, all of them over the first nine rounds.

Live stream the 2019 Toyota AFL Premiership Season on KAYO SPORTS. Every match of every round. Live & anytime on your TV or favourite device. Get your 14 day free trial >

Round 15

Most notably the Hawks had just 14,636 fans for its Round 8 clash against Greater Western Sydney; its lowest crowd at the MCG in 15 years.

The game was played on Mother’s Day, but 42,641 fans still went to Fremantle’s game against Richmond in Perth on the same day.

Worst AFL goal assist

0:38

Hawthorn president Jeff Kennett renewed his attack on the AFL last night when he suggested that the league has cost his club between $500,000 and $1 million because of its fixturing.

“We do not complain! Just suffer in silence! And financially,” he tweeted, making the argument for the second time this year.

Reeves said on Saturday morning he doesn’t think complaints about the Mother’s Day game in particular are a “cop out”.

“They (Hawks fans) have been pretty spoiled,” he told SEN .

“Our crowds, like-for-like, when you compare the timeslots versus the opposition, we’re actually about where we’ve always been.

“We’ve just had a real issue with a host of Sunday 3:20 games, and we’ve got one Friday night for the year. We just haven’t had a great fixture.

“But also there’s no doubt that after a long run of success … people do get a bit more picky and choosy. People are buying their memberships, our membership will break the record again this year which is good, but they’re deciding and voting with their feet not to turn up to timeslots that don’t suit.”

Mother’s Day was cited as a cause for the very low attendance for Hawks v Giants. (Photo by Dylan Burns/AFL Photos)Source: Getty Images

Reeves also claimed that “the only other time that one of the expansion clubs, GWS or Gold Coast, played on a Sunday at 3:20 at the MCG, the crowd was actually much lower than that.”

However Foxfooty.com.au could not find a game that matches this statement. The Hawks v Giants crowd was the lowest at the MCG since Round 21, 2013 between Melbourne and Fremantle (13,768 fans).

Gold Coast played a 3:20 Sunday game against Melbourne late last year and drew 23,072 fans, while GWS also played the Demons at the MCG in Round 23 last year and drew 37,285 fans.

AFL ‘snicko’ comes good

0:36

“3:20 isn’t a good timeslot. We get emails and letters and phone calls from our members complaining about that all the time,” Reeves said.

“3:20 on a Sunday afternoon in Melbourne against an interstate low-drawing opposition is about the worst timeslot you can get … funnily enough it would actually be a good game for Tasmania.

“Our team works really, really hard being creative and innovative, but there’s only so much you can do week-to-week and year-to-year.”