Season 2019 - North Melbourne - first to sack then appoint their coach

I think part of the problem is it’s struggling with the theme/identity. Hopefully over the years the Good Friday Appeal thing takes hold and helps make it something bigger.

All the other big games generally have a theme, probably the only exception is Queen’s Birthday, but that one has had some crowd problems over the years whenever Melbourne wasn’t travelling well also.

Unfortunately trying to have a “blockbuster” match between 2 teams with low memberships/supporter bases is always going to be a struggle.

Should be us v Fark Carlton at the MCG. Screw the minnow clubs, they will continue to get handouts anyway

Wouldn’t be feasible because there are times when Round 1 falls on Easter weekend. Fark Carlton and Richmond always kick the season off on the Thursday night. Give it time. That’s the problem with the AFL, they didn’t give North and St.Kilda/Dogs a chance over multiple years to build it up, so they then brought in a big club to ensure the game would be played in front of a packed house. I’m happy for us to be involved in it.

They tried it last year with north and st Kilda and no-one turned up. They need 1 big club involved so North make some money

Also, the proximity of Good Friday to ANZAC day, meant that us and Pies needed to play early in the Easter weekend.

2 Likes

If we could replace North with anyone.
Good Friday would be

Essendon v Hawthorn would be great but they play cats easter Monday.

Already have marque matches against cats, tigers and pies.

So it’s either us and North.
Or they replace us with Pies/Tigers

Neither pies nor tigers fans travel to Etihad.

1 Like

Needs to be North and one of the other tenanted clubs at Docklands

Very interesting outcome. Before the game some said that on paper North were better than us. I am not sure what kind of paper they were alluding to.

3 Likes

Toilet paper?

3 Likes

Used toilet paper

3 Likes

Just put the stopwatch on side show bobs goal in the last quarter. 40 seconds. One rule for lloyd. Another for Bob.

2 Likes

Fevola took longer than Lloyd anyway.

2 Likes

It was from a Norf supporter so I hope it was tissue paper, at least he would now be able to wipe his tears away

2 Likes

My understanding is that as long as they have started their run up before 30 seconds then they can take as long as they want.

■■■■■ rule.

1 Like

Polec is decent.

1 Like

Barely. He compliments them well in that he is an outside ball user and they have some inside mids. However he is too slow as an outside player. He’s similar to Hep in pace.

1 Like

Is North Melbourne FC going to be here in 20 years?

you wonder what the comp will be like in 20 years time

1 Like

would we have won a final by then?

3 Likes