Season 2019 - North Melbourne - first to sack then appoint their coach

The tinfoil hat in me thinks that it’s a way that the AFL can help out Norf but would also be hoping Scott can get his brother to tow the line and not rock the boat so to speak

2 Likes

How can anyone check if the soft cap is even being enforced when no one knows how much a particular coach earns or their assistants. The salary cap and such get audited by their own internal guy, so even if someone was over the cap, the AFL will keep it quiet.

1 Like

No matter what happened the AFL were paying. It must be good to be broke and therefore able to be irresponsible and have someone else pay for it.

4 Likes

fold

4 Likes

and die

2 Likes

Package them up and move em to Tassie for ■■■■■ sake.

Irrelevant flog club

1 Like

They’re already here.

And not relevant.

Macquarie island need a team.

Kangaroo Island would be more “on brand”

2 Likes

Yep, the level of transparency across the AFL is diabolical. Every salary cap status, coaching soft cap status, AFL and club senior executive, players and coaches should be a required public disclosure on financial contract and incentives.

It’s bullshit that there is so little transparency for essentially quasi public run companies. They are funded by the public interest, run for the public interest and its the public who pick up the tab when things go wrong.

To add to that the members, as sort of owners of the club have a right to know what the performance of their executive, coaches and list management success is by disclosure of the coach and player salaries.

2 Likes

So they are apparently in a bit of trouble with the soft cap on football club spend after having to pay out Brad Scott, Dilena, Tudor and McMahon. No wonder they went down the bargain basement path of picking Rhyce Shaw lolololololol

5 Likes

fold

Soft cap is a load of ■■■■. Has anyone heard how much it is and how much tax the clubs have paid on it???

What’s to stop the AFL saying "look Kangas, we’ll let you off this time, but make sure you good next time:?

They won’t let them off. They’ll just organise an extra subsidy that by coincidence is exactly the same amount.

Nobody checks or even has access to whether AFL fines get paid do they? Aren’t they just an optics thing like the MRP? Yes I’m cynical but tell me they don’t have form.

Glenn Archer returns as NM Board Member

Gee they’ll have a non-playing team again shortly.

What a ■■■■ ant club

Ohh, I saw some action in this thread and thought they’d finally ■■■■■■ off to Tasmania.

Way to ruin Christmas, guys :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

fold

1 Like

Or just merge.
Preferably with a nearby suburban club, with similar colours.
Obviously you’d keep the iconic Kangaroos nickname.
Call it Northern Melbourne.