Season 2019 - St Kilda

But were talking about st kilda here. A large chunk of their list are barely AFL standard

They didn’t have anything else to spend the money on. Their few good players are already well-paid. No one else was keen to join them. It was a punt.

1 Like

A 5-year deal is a big commitment to take a punt on

Sure is.
They must have been feeling pretty desperate.
Rightly so, in my opinion.
Spoon, for me.

No way am I spooning you mate!

3 Likes

It’s why they should have front loaded their top players and heavily. Better to reward guys putting the effort in the down times than pay for a has been.

They certainly mismanaged him as well with media etc. they should have done the comms on a older experienced player coming in to help with teaching kids etc like Hodge instead of our new prized recruit.

Saints really need to buckle down and build a cracking midfield over the next two years. Lots of depth and have a real core advantage they are working towards like contested footy or leg speed and spread. Something to give them a competitive advantage.

Yep, agree with all that.
Also… fark 'em

Picking him up was a punt, but they could have said he needs a rebuild fitness wise from the start and they didn’t expect to see him to like round 6 or something.
Then could have progressed him slowly in he preseason so that he could adjust to the workload required, rather than trying to rush him.

He may be busted for good and not able to do work required, but like if it was Shiel/ Daniher you would rather him be ready at like round 5/6 than be half fit for round 1 and struggling to get through games and unable to train during the year.

I feel like we’ve taken the heat for these clowns with our terrible performance on the weekend. They only beat Gold Coast by 1 point in a home game. And they seem to be crumbling behind the scenes. This guy on an 800k a year contract and needs to be “rebuilt”… Most of their good best players injured or in doubt. Pretty dark at the Saints.

No…we haven’t…we’ve copped what we deserved…we’ve been spoken about as a potential top 4 team and then produced the “effort” yesterday.

St Kilda deserve to cop flak but we haven’t taken it off them.

2 Likes

I didn’t say we didn’t deserve the heat did i? I meant if we didn’t ■■■■ up so bad there’d be a lot of talk about the Saints. Bombers just make a better story. Don’t twist my words.

You clearly stated that we took the heat for them…I never stated that you said we didn’t deserve heat.

Don’t twist your own words…and don’t be so defensive

You are fkn joking, right? That was an utter
sh itshow on Sunday. We deserve every fkn barb which comes our way.
And wait and see what happens if (when?) we get rolled this coming weekend. It will be relentless and it will all be completely warranted.

1 Like

They’ll still beat us by 30+.

1 Like

Missed my point. I could have made it clearer though. I’m saying the wheels have totally fallen off at the Saints but how badly we played has over shadowed it. I’m not saying we don’t deserve it. Chill.

Finish us off Saints.

FINISH
US
OFF

9 Likes

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRKKKKKKKKKKKhow low can you go!

There is an alternate story as to why he took time off / sent away from club initially. All too common with the mental health card.

Ongoing issue either way it seems.

1 Like

Persian Rugs?

1 Like