Season 2019: The Empire Strikes Back?

Yep, they’re all whiny whingers.

1 Like

I reckon we’re going to finish about 16 or 17 spots better than this year.

1 Like

Sadly, the AFL is not a fan of this grand old game.

1 Like

I liked The Empire.

No chance of top 4 if we play Fark Carlton twice, Brisbane at Marvel or Freo in Perth :rofl:

5 Likes

If the success of the team is reliant on the fitness of one or two players then we are not premiership material just yet.

West Coast showed that without Gaff they were still elite on the day as an example. In turn, Richmond showed that an unfit Dusty drags them down and highlights the fortunate injury run they had the previous year.

Personally I would love Daniher back however I believe the team can contend without him. His prolonged absence last year gave the team valuable exposure to Smack and others. It may prove to be a blessing in disguise.

4 Likes

65-84 / 2000-2019

8 Likes

With the addition of Sheil we are a top 6 side (without Daniher).

If Joe comes back and isn’t over the OP and everyone sits on their hands for 8 weeks and let’s him play it’s a carbon copy of last year.

If Joe comes back and is COMPLETELY over the OP we’re the best team in the comp.

3 Likes
  1. Richmond
  2. West Coast
  3. GWS
  4. Collingwood
  5. Melbourne
  6. Essendon
  7. Adelaide
  8. Hawthorn

Actually an argument can be made that the Rebels were in fact the bad guys… Sure the Empire were led by a dictating piece of shyte who was nonchalant about slavery and genetic cloning but there appeared to be a booming economy, decent job growth from the forming of the Empire and then come along a few thousand rebels who take it upon themselves to blow up the Deaty Star; the central point of said booming economy (and in the process obliterate what would surely be an extraordinary amount of innocent victims… Granted one would need to look past the destruction of Alderaan to remain sympathetic)… THEN when the Empire continues funding that same project and hires what would surely be an astronomical amount of contractors to build another Death Star. Only to have the same band of rebels (admittedly aided by some teddy bears on the ground) do the same farking thing to wipe out one guy.

One could argue a far more pragmatic approach would have been to have Luke infiltrate the Empire and use his emotional connection with Darth Vader to have had the Emperor taken out without all the collateral.

Ooohh… I almost forgot, Fark Carlton - now there are some bad guys.

3 Likes

I don’t like your movie

2 Likes

They didn’t seem as bad as all that.
Apart from the genocide. I’m not on board with that.
But planet-blowing-upping aside, they seemed pretty benevolent.
Even Cloud City seemed alright.

They didn’t even control Cloud City. It was an independent Switzerland type arrangement.

… or so a super nerdy friend of mine told me

2 Likes

Plus the Jedi’s had their own moral compass issues with using mind control to get whatever the fark they wanted from unsuspecting civilians.

I think we’ll do well, as we should have a easier draw you’d imagine with our placement this year.

Collingwood and North predicted to get tougher draws. Hope so!!

1 Like

I’ll believe it when I see it.

6 Likes

… and that is how “benevolent dictatorships” are born… “If we just ignore this and this and this REALLY bad thing and just focus on the good economic growth we are the good guys”

1 Like

Maybe Collingwood will have to travel interstate this year!

4 Likes

Actually surprises me how few people have North in their 8s. I hate them too but they improved out of sight this year and have added a good player (Polec) and a couple of other handy players.

Exactly… See example Aug 6 1945.