Season 2020 - Brisbane

Geez players going down all over the place.

Who is their backup ruck?

How would I know? I’m not interested in the AFL competition, unless it directly involves us.

(I was 97% sure Martin played for the Bears, but I legit checked before posting the above news!)

3 Likes

Think it’s McInerny as the next in line
Or it’s Archie Smith.

Other than that they don’t seem to have one.
Which is ■■■■■■■ interesting for those who suddenly claim we’ve got too many rucks for once.
By the time we play them they might not have any.

2 Likes

Was to be expected give the stop/start season.
It’s happening at a recreational level too - plenty of people making trips to the physio after taking up running for the first time!

Archie Smith (who’s played a couple, and not looked too flash) then nobodies - someone called Eagles who is from a TV show, an ex NBL player.

I reckon they’ll try Smith first, then go with the part-timers in Hipwood/Mcinherney if that fails.

McInerney would be a better ruck than Smith.
Just depends on how much Fagan prefers to play him forward, or whether that’s just because he’s behind Martin.

They seem to like McInherney as a fwd more than a ruck. Doesn’t have the build for ruck, IMHO.

And they’ve been spoilt by Martin playing virtually every game for half a decade. Big upset for what’s an otherwise young midfield group

2 Likes

Watched the first quarter of the Brisbane vs Melbourne game.
Maybe Brisbane improved later.
But they weren’t actually that good.

Lose Rich and McStay as well this week.
They’re gettable

2 Likes

Discussing who would be premiers…

3 Likes

They are a much better team than us

I’m guessing they’re referring to it being Brisbane that’s interested in Dixon?

He is from QLD originally also IIRC

Would suit their fwd group more than Daniher.

Vitally important to Port though.

So many big key forwards seemingly OOC this year

So the director of one football club is starting rumours about another club, one that is a big rival in the same state. Surely that is not allowed and is a conflict of interest…oh wait, it’s the AFL. Continue on please.

6 Likes

Witherdon dropped again. GOD i wish we picked him over Ridley :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Crash and burn

Mate of mine who barracks for the Lions hates him. Reckons he sleeps with the light on. Riddles is far superior!

Turns out it wasn’t a rumour as Dixon admitted that Brisbane had a good offer in front of him.
Point still stands that Ricciuto shouldn’t be speaking out on trade matters regarding other clubs

3 Likes

That’s my feeling too. Looked good when it wasn’t that necessary to be all that accountable. It was always someone else’s fault they last.

Now a burden is on every member of the defence and he can’t cut the mustard.

Lachie Neale nails Players MVP, and the Coaches awards.

Has to be firm Brownlow fave now.

3 Likes