Season 2020 - Collingwood

Ha. So good!

Some beauties in there. And there’d be so many that also never made it into public domain too.

2 Likes

Absolutely. I’m trying to think how many we would have outside of the saga. A few players involved in things post their time at Essendon or pre in Stringers case, but not many offences whilst at the club.

Hurley the major one of the current players and that’s over 10 years ago now.

Lovett perhaps. The worst of it post EFC though

All our boys who love a drink have somehow kept out of any real trouble over last decade. Which is surprising as some have been absolute ■■■■■■■■■ out on the town when drunk.

Hurley’s taxi ride incident is pretty funny

1 Like

How he just brushes so much of that aside with ■■■■ like “ohhh its not that bad just abit of grog” is ■■■■■■■ sickening.

6 Likes

I reckon Mr. Sunbury would’ve handled himself pretty well. That an absolute laugh, I love Mick Warner. Best part are the throwaway lines by Eddie interspersed with the rap sheet “We don’t have a drinking problem”, “boys will be boys”, “They can’t handle their grog”, LOL!!

6 Likes

The game at Vic Park in R11 1972 was the most crazy, out of control game (crowd wise) I have even been too.
At the start of the game a mad bomber supporter ran through the Collingwood banner & was chased by about 2000 ferals out for blood. Then those ferals made a beeline for the Bomber’s banner & ripped it to shreds. The game hadn’t even started yet.
A fire broke out in the 2nd Qtr in the crowd along a fence, & supporters from both sides invaded the ground to stop getting burnt to a crisp, & the game stopped for 10 minutes while the fire was put out.
The whole place was so over packed , must have been 36k people trying to squeeze into a ground that only fit 30k. Me & my brother (ages 11 & 12) watched the game from the roof of the grandstand in the outer, OH&S non existent in those days.
We left at 3/4 time, after getting our arses handed to us on a plate in the 3rd Qtr, about 3 or 4 different older kids threatened to punch our lights out cause we were Bomber’s supporters on our way out.
Delightful place, Vic Park, never been back since then.

13 Likes

My Mum always tells the story when she went to watch us play the Pies at Vic Park in 1974. Went there with a friend of hers. Said the whole day they were copping sexist abuse (probably pretty standard stuff at footy games back then), but there were 2 brothers, Pies fans, behind them who ended up getting blind and decided to have a fist fight. Then after they were done beating the suitcase out of each other they were hugging one saying how much they loved each other. Special breed!

4 Likes

Also during the fire, floggers were set alight also.
The VFL banned floggers from that day forward

3 Likes

Hilarious. They could’ve sold them for a $20 profit

8 Likes

I’ll never forget the hilarity of the timing of Jake Carlisle’s blooper.

That long, drawn out trade negotiation between Essendon and St Kilda in trade week FINALLY came to a close with a pretty positive outcome for us, and not 2 hours later there was leaked video on A Current Affair that night of him racking up lines :joy:

St Kilda then had to draw up his whole contract again lmao

11 Likes

the scary part is, that’s just the stuff they weren’t able to cover up!

4 Likes

Mick Warner needs to report straight to the pool room.

2 Likes

They don’t get out of Victoria at this time of year.

I’ll never forget my first visit to the outer at Victoria Park in the 1970s.

It was about half-time in the seconds and, even at this early stage of the day, the ugly, toothless, one-eyed Magpie fans were as drunk as skunks, smoking like chimneys and turning the air blue with their abuse and foul language. They were fighting with each other, stumbling and falling over themselves and peeing in their pants where they stood rather than relinquish their spot in the crowd.

Some of the men were just as bad.

28 Likes

I like Victoria Park.

Never lost a forum game to Nicks Pies on Vic park and got a bag of 4 on my best mates brother.

1 Like

I thought we got done in the 2009 game when Joffa was there?
Or did Demonland and their half dozen state league players also participate that day.

Option 2.

Only lost to Collingwood on gosch’s

1 Like

Best one was when we rolled them on some bog day for the club (birthday or some bollocks) after they kicked 1.12 in the last

Hahaha. He’s a 3 year old. If this teaches us anything it’s that we should stop seeing a president like him as the solution to all our problems.

2 Likes

lol Eddie walking off that was a crack up