Season 2020 - Geelong

Blicavs is pretty impressive along with stewart and Taylor still hanging round their key defensive stocks are good.

Fixed

3 Likes

he is a lot more solidly built now and throws his weight around, no longer a pure runner.

What I found interesting was that tactically they haven’t changed a bit.
Very Germanic, in the sense that they’re Scheissen.
The slow chip around from the backline.
Two attacking options- the slow centres to Hawkins or the dash and under pressure roost from Dangerfield, Toohey etc.
The backwards handball from congestion.

Modern football has left this behind.
The teams still using it, Hawthorn, Sydney, to name a couple, are falling off the pace.

It works somewhat if you’ve gotta bunch of absolute stars ( and a helpful home ground advantage) but with their champions ageing, no Kelly, they’re one Key forward injury away from the bottom third of the ladder.
It’s a bit of a wonder that Scott has escaped criticism for his inability to change.

2 Likes

Dangermouse has his own whistle, so that will always give them a chance.

1 Like

Does anyone know anything about Jack Steven being in hospital?

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/breaking-cats-star-in-hospital-police-investigating/news-story/4f5fdd3d04deef53574de3bacac66827

Media running with he has been stabbed.

Drugs/Alchol related is murky as no word on that from media. But other no names say it’s drug related.

Bloke is cooked if so. He has been known to hit the grog a bit.

Steven, and geelong are FINISHED

2 Likes

Stabbed?! Jeepers! I hope he is ok

Stabbed?
Bloody hell ■■■■ that

So far what we know:

• Presented himself at hospital early sunday morning (around 1am) with stab wounds
  • Police investigate
  • Jack Steven can’t say who he was with or where when he got that.

Either he is covering it up or was that drunk or off his face he can’t remember.

Danger and Selwood are worried.

So possibly still nothing more than an iso cooking incident?

Some of those How To Videos make the knife work look a bit too easy.

Can personally confirm that this bloke keeps very bad company. I hope he’s ok.

One of my friends is saying that he’s going into surgery because of the injury. But they can’t imagine him playing football again.

Bloody terrible.

What did the cats give up in the trade for Stevens?

Pick 58 I think.

I cannot imagine the horrible feeling of being stabbed. Genuinely terrifying

Fark Geelong, but I feel for Steven and really hope he hasn’t done an Elliott Smith.

Hope he’s OK, being stabbed is probably my worst fear. Horrible.

Athletes in ISO don’t have the structures and disciplines imposed on them in training, performing, supervision of fitness and testing of what they are consuming. It’s a big difference from the adjustments taken in other occupations ( even for those fully stood down)

1 Like