Season 2020 - Gold Coast

They will definitely improve. They dropped Jack Martin and a whole heap of list cloggers. Half those guys barely got a game.
Rowell, Anderson, Flanders, Ellis and Greenwood should all be in their weekly 22 and improve the team as the season progresses.

They’ve even improved their depth with Farrar and Smith. Sharp and Budarick should be worthwhile prospects playing in the NEAFL.

If they have a good injury run and can get some decent development games into their youngsters, I think they can jump up to 14th. A similar run of injuries as the last decade and they’ll be bottom two.

1 Like

There’s not much of a difference, but you should use graphs for the 2020 playing list.

1 Like

If you reckon witts is no good have you taken a look out our ruck division.

He’d be first ruck at probably 2/3 of clubs, IMHO.

18th

1 Like

For all those saying they’ll finish 13-14, who are the 4-5 clubs below them?

Even though will be more competitive next year still can’t see them not finishing 18th again.

Talented kids is all well and good but it’s a long and physically demanding season and they don’t have enough quality mature players to form core of the team who carry the side

The addition of Ellis and Greenwood in particular will certain’y beef up their midfield, which they certainly need. Witts is a decent ruck, and will give them a decent chance for first use of the pill, but is not a big threat around the ground or in the air. Their on field performances will improve, but that won’t necessarily translate into more wins.

Looks like another piece of woodwork to add to the trophy cabinet in 2020.

I looked at that, and discovered that in 2020 FCFC is more experienced than us**, is younger, kicked more goals and won more brownlow votes than us last year.

I also note that we struggled to beat GCFC last year. I would not be surprised to see us drop out of the 8 in 2020, but not because of Gold Coast.

** Mainly due to Kade Simpson. LOL.

1 Like

Last

Fold

It’s quite simple really

Name one successful professional sporting team on the Gold Coast …

4 Likes

That’s exactly why it’s baffling that the AFL continues to think they can make it work.
Even Rugby league teams go broke there

1 Like

I look for these threads with anticipation each year. Great work as always allblack.

3 Likes

Easy, the ~$1 Bn revenue of the AFL is more than enough to persist with propping up at least one and probably 2-3 clubs to maintain the “integrity” :rofl: of the competition. In addition, giving the GCFC extra first round picks costs the AFL $0.

Funnily enough, even the Wikipedia entry for the History of the GCS ends in 2017, with no substantive entries since then !

I think it’s more about wedging the market than anything. It’s not so much they think GC will succeed, it’s that they really don’t want to let the NRL have it.

If the NRL pulled the Titans, I reckon the Suns would follow.

2 Likes

Do Meter Maids count?? :thinking:

Depends on your taste I guess

They actually aren’t here anymore, but I believe there are plans for a might ducks like comeback in 2020.

5 Likes

Gold Coast marathon is a great event.
I think Gold coast goes better with one off events, rather than try to support a team the whole year.
As its not bad for a holiday destination for Aussies/inernationals as well but the locals arent that passionate.

GC’s season launch. Shame they didn’t invite their fans.

2 Likes

Why would they post that? What a embarrassment

Just fold already. We all know it’s going to happen

1 Like