Season 2021 - St Kilda

King will be amazing. How was his first quarter against us. He was on fire :fire:

Mason Wood joins the Aints

1 Like

potato

Saints are really hitting up the experienced players

Wood, McKernan, Frawley

Sack of potatoes

Agree with WOB. Mason Wood is a spud of the highest order. Like Jack Watts, he has the ideal build for a modern player, but between the ears he is all mashed potato. He has the goal kicking yips, and can’t be relied upon to kick straight when required. I am sure it is all psychological, and sure it is too late for him to change now.

he kicked a few a couple of years ago and looked a prospect but hey, I remember a stretch of games where Marc Bullen looked really good too

There isn’t a chance they are loading up on blokes who can elevate their reserves, and pinch hit at the drop of a hat if needed, is there?

A VFL team with McKernan, Wood, and Frawley is going to be fairly strong. I don’t think any of them make St.Kilda’s best 22.

2 Likes

Wood (65 games) and McKernan (87) are old, but not particularly experienced.

I think there’s something to be said for putting in a few C Grade players that you can rely on to fill a role due to injury, in place of younger players that you don’t have any real expectation of even reaching their level.

They still have a lack over players over 26 due to years of poor drafting. So those you mentioned could all play AFL at times but yes they will strengthen the VFL side allowing there young talent to grow well. If St Kilda was a stock it would be a strong buy from me

1 Like

Hannerbery now Marshall out for start of season. Big dependence on Paddy and Horse.

Is Paddy back and training after his injury last year?

No idea

Horse has rolled an ankle too

The pinched Paul Hunter from the SANFL for a 2 week trial so I’m guessing he will stay now

I thought I saw him in Adelaide a few weeks ago.

The hunter becomes the hunted

McKernan is surely just depth for them.

I forgot this club existed

3 Likes