Season 2022 - GWS

Wasn’t this an April fool’s joke.

Surely enough is enough with GWS underperforming with these incredible lists Cameron has had?

I know the rumour is Clarko to Gold Coast, but surely GWS is the better fit?

1 Like

Their list isn’t anywhere near as good as 2019, but there is still an immense amount of talent going to waste there in West-Sydney. To put it diplomatically, Leon Cameron has taken the team as far as he can.

3 Likes

Yeah they’re a bit like the Doggies with all their talent stacked into the midfield with not much anywhere else. Especially with talls. They need to move on whoever was responsible for this list strategy.

But despite that, they should be performing so much better than this with the talent they have

Their list could be so much more balanced if they stopped drafting inside mids in the first round

GWS pick 10 - Jye Caldwell
Pick 11 - Zak Butters
Pick 15 - Jordan Clark

GWS Pick 10 - Tom Green (clearly a gun)
Pick 12 - Kozzie Picket
Pick 13 - Will Day
GWS pick 14 - Jackson Hately
Pick 15 - Cody Weightman
Pick 16 - Ned McHenry
Pick 18 - Xavier Dursma

GWS pick 12 - Tanner Bruhn
Pick 14 - Heath Chapman
Pick 17 - Oliver Henry

GWS Pick 3 - Finn Callaghan
Pick 6 - Josh Rachele
Pick 9 - Josh Gibcus

3 Likes

I dont see Hirdy coaching GWS the AFL will pay Clarkson millons to coach them. The AFL will by him a house in Sydney

Funnily enough, that would be in no small part Jason McCartney, ex-Doggies list management.

4 Likes

Oh that flog.

Enjoy being unemployed next year when your team finishes bottom four and Hill asks for a trade again and you have no leverage

1 Like

Dodo getting his jackets cleaned and the lube ready for McCartney

I hope so, as McCartney has had the better of Dodoro historically imo

3 Likes

All eyes on Green, until it’s official he is gettable

Reckon Dodoro is type that wont forget he dosen’t like loosing during the trade period it’s his playground lols

1 Like

Hill and Green make it happen Adrian

1 Like

Thats been his biggest downfall.

It’s to the detriment of our club

That’s if McCartney makes it till trade period.

He might be sacked along with Cameron mid season

Yep for sure.

I would like him this year to try and trade for picks like other teams do. our second will most likely be in the 20’s be great if he could upgrade that to a teens pick

For once lets be agressive in trading for picks

Yeap and take calculated risks

1 Like

We were pretty aggressive doing that trade with North on draft day to grab Jones. We’ve done it before.

I think it was the right play not to put our future first up the past two years, as there was always a high likelihood we’d end up bottom 6 (which is looking like we’ll do this year)

Would you put our future first on the table this year?

1 Like

If we can get another top 10 pick i probaly would

Hmm. @THE_DON1 would know better, but not sure there’s many players in the top 10 that scream that they suit our list needs. A lot of smaller midfielders in this draft.

We might be getting some the better small forwards in the draft through father son anyway

The key thing about the Dees strategy is that I believe they traded out picks to target specific players, i.e. Kozzie and Bowey

1 Like