Season 2022 - Melbourne

Could have been North requesting to play Melbourne maybe they wanted to test them selfs on what they been practcing against the best.

The original observation from @Sniggles was that Melbourne seem to lack back up for a key player in Langdon.
My response was that Tomlinson was supposed to be that, but isn’t. For several reasons.
Not whether Tomlinson was any good, just that Melbourne tried to get wing back up. And didn’t succeed.

So the original point stands.
Melbourne lack wing back up. And it’s fairly crucial to their system.

They also approached Ham in 2020 to switch.

And now we will see, with expected key players and a coach to miss, just how invincible they are.

They are gaining Lever, Viney and Hibberd this week.
So straight off the bat, they are getting three very high quality ins.

2 Likes

I don’t think the coach missing matters for a one off game. They are well drilled and I think ‘game day’ coaching is massively over played.

As for players, I think they should be fine unless they lose all of Oliver, Petracca and Gawn. Even then I’d say they likely still win.

2 Likes

This isn’t going to hurt them much. Also not sure I would call Jackson a star just yet.

“7NEWS Melbourne’s Mitch Cleary reported star ruck-forward Luke Jackson is one of the three players set to miss the game.
Kysaiah Pickett and Tom Sparrow are also out under the protocols.”

Not quite a star but strengthens them up can be very damaging, Pickett will hurt as he again takes a formidable opponent and if goes unattended can be damaging.

Viney is a good in, will be an interesting game as Hawthorn have exceeded expectations this year, although the last half last week showed them up

Rumours Oliver is also out

They are a very very good side who will win the flag easy. They are looking at an Essendon 2000 sort of year. That much better than everyone else it’s not even funny

Looks like Melbourne put the cue in the rack at quarter time, and really didn’t bother to get it out again so its probably good that they have had a bit of a reality check with 2 losses in a row. The swagger of excessive self belief can be a problem when you have won about 20 games out of the last 22.

The last time that happened Melbourne went on to lose the grand final by 10 goals.

2 Likes

Melbourne went through a similar phase at this time in 2021 - It’s the same issue of struggling to score from their inside 50’s.

1 Like

End of a dynasty.

When do they sack Goodwin?

And fans say we rely on Stringer too much lols.

You only have to look at Melboune without May to see how much they struggle.

Whats the mood in the MCC after the last 2 weeks?

Aren’t they at Hotham?

3 Likes
2 Likes

melksham would KO him in a second

3 Likes