Season 2023 - Adelaide

A mostly anonymous team. They will still be relying on Laird to do too much for them. He is a great little player, but he can’t cover all the deficiencies they have. Keays offers some star quality in the midfield, while Sloane is just about done. Tex did better than expected last season, but it is doubtful he can wind back the clock again. Thilthorpe needs to step up in the forward line and take control, which is a big ask. Their small forwards look more dangerous than their stalls. Fogarty is a bull and needs to play like one, instead of going missing. The defence looks very thin for quality.

Fogarty kicked two goals in his first five games last year, and then 31 in his next 12.
The penny really seemed to drop for him, and he is still giving space to Tex. Thilthorpe needs to do the same, but he is two years younger.
Sometimes you have to be patient with the big guys.

3 Likes

Ex Filth player, Tyler Brown has been picked up in the SSP as a replacement

1 Like

Woodenspooners, for me.

Not spooners, but in the bottom 8.

1 Like

Past us again.

Yet haven’t beaten us since late in their GF year (2017) …

They finished above us last year…
So they overtook us last year….

Dawson looked amazing in the middle tonight. Didn’t think he had that in him, had him pegged as a permanent quarterback

2 Likes

We suck

1 Like

Have Adelaide had the same List Manger for 20+ years??

1 Like

He is quality and saw him dominate games as a forward in his youth and have some real good bursts through the midfield so not surprised he has flourished playing in his correct position

2 Likes

I’ve always liked him, just surprised by how effective he was in tight because I’ve got so used to seeing him play outside. Super damaging player, really transforms their midfield.

Ogilvie has been there since the mid 2000’s and I reckon Reid has been there for about 8 years. Both get absolutely flamed over here and always calls for them both to be sacked. They have made plenty of stuff ups and failures along the way

When did Rendell get sacked??

He “resigned” in 2012. Ogilvie was his understudy for about 6 years and then took on the role of Recruiting manager on his departure.
Justin Reid was Nobles understudy for a year or two for memory before being promoted to List manager when Noble went to the Lions

Credit to them. They have rebuilt the side 2-3 times through a huge amount of adversity.

They get flamed because their higher end draft picks have been mostly busts. They do very well from FA and trading as well as their lower picks

Rachele, Pedlar, Thilthorpe, Fogarty all looking pretty good as first round picks in recent times. Fogarty has taken some time but looks like the penny has dropped.

McHenry and Chayce Jones look like they are probably going to be a bit disappointing in terms of individual achievements for 1st rounders but they do at least seem like they have bought into Nicks’ game plan and could be solid citizens.

Fischer McAsey was a complete bust obviously

2 Likes

Jones looked pretty legit tonight