Season 2023 - North Melbourne

The 3 youngsters towling us up in the centre last quarter was impressive. we better enjoy them being ■■■■ now because they’re on the right track

2 Likes

As much as it pains me to say it they have some great young players. Wardlaw…. wow.

2 Likes

I wonder how the faithful (all 6 of them) will react if Clarkson returns and they stagnant and/or go backwards onfield in comparison with Ratten’s time.

They’ll turn quickly. They should stick with Ratten.

Clarkson is finished I reckon, however it all plays out.

4 Likes

How do Norf get out of their 5 year deal to the washed up hack Clakko

They must go with Ratten moving forward. They’ll go backwards if Clakko comes back in

3 Likes

He quits.

They came out well prepared and unlike previous iterations, refused to give in. That is partly due to their new draftees getting them back into the contest, and they answered every question posed of them.

Not sure whether he wants to keep on with a senior gig. He was talking recently about being able to step back into an assistant role and just enjoy his life.

They took it right up to us but fark them, we got the 4 points.

Loser club loser another game

Boring

send this team to tassie
but don’t tell clakko what time the bus leaves town.

1 Like

I realise what I’m about to say sounds stupid, but… when has that ever stopped me?

The way Wardlaw is able to shimmy and shrug off tackles with his strength through the hips for a little bloke, and the way he moves in the contest gives me Gary Ablett Jr vibes.

Obviously he’s not anywhere near the same realm as GAJ yet, but he’s going to be a very, very good footballer.

3 Likes

It’s hardly surprising given the picks they’ve had in the last few years. Being terrible has its benefits. They’ve just lost 10 games in a row though so keeping players might be a challenge.

Their supporters are in damage control after losing that one. Every excuse imaginable has been trotted out on twitter. You will never come across a more desperate, miserable supporter base than North Melbourne. All 5 of them are absolutely furious.

4 Likes

Clarkson returning in the next few weeks

https://twitter.com/7newsmelbourne/status/1665641831030460416?s=46&t=YGdPXSqojqeDwdjPFXFTRQ

Surely now Norf get charged with tanking?

1 Like

I would welcome him back. He will drag their sorry arses even further down into the abyss. At least with Ratten they have been a cart load more competitive. Clakkko has no idea with this list.

1 Like

LDU saying the boys football environment is a lot happier now than when Clarkson was there was pretty telling.

2 Likes

Plan B?

2 Likes