Season 2023 - West Bulldogs

Looking more and more like a coach that’s turned 6 great weeks into a career

11 Likes

made a GF 18 months ago.

3 Likes

Go back to being the tin pot club you are

5 Likes

I always laughed at their rivalry with us.

who would have thought cats and dogs would both be 0-2

1 Like

loser club

I’m not going to judge too harshly yet because tall combos can take a bit of time to gel, but the early signs aren’t exactly ideal for JUH/Darcy/Naughton/Lobb in the same forward line.

I think Jones/Keath/Bruce started to look a bit better tonight down back (still not great, but better than last week), so that might work out ok.

They just seem a bit slow across the ground at the moment. Both Melbourne and St Kilda have exploited that really well.

Completely outworked and shown up to be a team of front runners tonight.
The contrast in work rate from offensive run to defence was alarming. Need an absolute rocket.

1 Like

FOAD

Essendon in EF, Brisbane choked in SF, Port lost power in PF, got flogged by Melbourne.

His midfield has been carrying him for a long time. Bevo has never made top four either.

1 Like

That’s true but it seems odd. They have been recognised as one of the most explosive teams over the last couple of seasons. Completely opposite this year.

They’re a bit like us in terms of their supporters would go to games not knowing what they’ll get game to game, even quarter by quarter. They just have better players, so their bad games are less frequent and their best footy is better than ours. I agree on Beveridge though, I don’t think he’s a great coach. He’s had everything fall into place in 2016 and 2021 (albeit a lost GF) but to not finish top 4 in any H&A season he has coached is a telling stat…

3 Likes

mass-hysteria-sacrifices

0-2 for both of them!

They’re finished. Nowhere near good enough to come back from where they are.

That was their last hurrah.
They have been sliding ever since and will continue to spiral downwards.

Not to mention all of the “extra assistance” they always get.

1 Like

JUH and Darcy must be 19/20yo respectively.
They’re out of sync with the rest of their side who should be competing now.

If Beveridge is brave, he needs to pick the pair of them all year, come hell or high water.

I agree. But it makes their recruitment of Lobb seem a bit strange.

I think playing Darcy as FF/second ruck, Naughton as CHF, and JUH as a mobile third tall could eventually work - JUH definitely has the athleticsm.

1 Like

We rarely get to play them when they are in a rut… like right now. Infuriating.

They will be flying again by whatever round we play them this year.

We frequently do. And subsequently play them out of it.