Semi Final vs Footscray, 2:40pm Sunday 11 September at North Port Oval

Nice to catch up with Hambo, enjoyable day all up. I was disappointed but we just couldn’t get enough of it in the last quarter. Franga had a couple of wow moments and we showed loads of spirit but it wasn’t to be. Gotta be cleaner in front of goal to win those. Great season yet again from the magoos.

Just saw Aaron Heppel at ■■■■ and co

Flat from the result, but that crowd at North Port was phenomenal yesterday, well done to all who were there. Hopefully we can go a couple of games further next year.

HeppA - ferocious all day, surely will get a call up from some AFL team.

Shaunye - what could’ve been…

(What the hell happened to this guys head?)

Jerrett -

Sam Michael -

Josh Freezer - stood tall all day repelling the Dogs.

Franga - Can’t wait to see him with fitness and endurance to take his game to the next level.

Just lost their feet. 2nd & 3rd took it out of them.

I was as keen as anyone for a win. But really, the most important aspect of it was how our young talent went. In the long run, it doesn't matter too much how the VFL listed and top ups went, and whether it got us across the line. Our young guys were pretty disappointing. I thought McKenna was the best of them, in the second half (after a very quiet first half). His kicking is great, but he still gets beaten too often and too easily in some one on ones, and as an AFL backman, he would concede a lot of goals. However, he is progressing ok, based on what he showed today. After that, it was slim pickings. Long was quite disappointing. I think he actually gets involved more at AFL level than he does at VFL level. He fails to provide the outside run and damaging ball use you would hope for from him at VFL level. He has come on dramatically this year, but still a long way to go. Morgan is showing almost nothing. He is supposed to be quick, but has he ever run with the ball in any game? He needs to show he can win the ball. Yes, I know, injuries and all, but really, even with an interrupted season, he needs to show more. Redman has shown flashes this year, but he plays too many games like today where he just doesn't get in the contest for long periods. I can live with the cross the ground turnover in the last. That isn't the problem. Francis certainly showed little bits again, but in the end, he didn't contribute much, and failed to take his opportunities. He kicked 2, but stuffed up opportunities to kick up to 5. Today's effort was a bit underwhelming. If you think I am being a bit hard on our guys, consider whether you would rather Honeychurch (21) and Hrovat (22) or Merrett (23) and Hams (22) based on what they showed today. Maybe we should consider making an offer to Hrovat (out of contract), and even maybe trading for Honeychurch (contracted for 2017) I think we tend to talk up our young guys out of pure optimism and hope.

I personally don’t see it with redman. He makes a lot of mistakes and doesn’t seem to do anything well. The re-signing must be on the good bloke policy down at the club, i would have given him some more time before locking him away for years. Hopefully improves next year.

I was as keen as anyone for a win. But really, the most important aspect of it was how our young talent went. In the long run, it doesn't matter too much how the VFL listed and top ups went, and whether it got us across the line. Our young guys were pretty disappointing. I thought McKenna was the best of them, in the second half (after a very quiet first half). His kicking is great, but he still gets beaten too often and too easily in some one on ones, and as an AFL backman, he would concede a lot of goals. However, he is progressing ok, based on what he showed today. After that, it was slim pickings. Long was quite disappointing. I think he actually gets involved more at AFL level than he does at VFL level. He fails to provide the outside run and damaging ball use you would hope for from him at VFL level. He has come on dramatically this year, but still a long way to go. Morgan is showing almost nothing. He is supposed to be quick, but has he ever run with the ball in any game? He needs to show he can win the ball. Yes, I know, injuries and all, but really, even with an interrupted season, he needs to show more. Redman has shown flashes this year, but he plays too many games like today where he just doesn't get in the contest for long periods. I can live with the cross the ground turnover in the last. That isn't the problem. Francis certainly showed little bits again, but in the end, he didn't contribute much, and failed to take his opportunities. He kicked 2, but stuffed up opportunities to kick up to 5. Today's effort was a bit underwhelming. If you think I am being a bit hard on our guys, consider whether you would rather Honeychurch (21) and Hrovat (22) or Merrett (23) and Hams (22) based on what they showed today. Maybe we should consider making an offer to Hrovat (out of contract), and even maybe trading for Honeychurch (contracted for 2017) I think we tend to talk up our young guys out of pure optimism and hope.

I personally don’t see it with redman. He makes a lot of mistakes and doesn’t seem to do anything well. The re-signing must be on the good bloke policy down at the club, i would have given him some more time before locking him away for years. Hopefully improves next year.

Didnt see the previous week, then?

Not sure what was worse, the Police slowly removing that doggies supporter, the food lines (poor ladies were out on their feet) or our last quarter.

Great atmosphere though.

It’ll be a massive turnover of players again next year.

Us versus Collingwood at that ground would have been insane.

Listen to the stream and it sounds like we just gave up in the last quarter. Another failed season at the end of the day

It wasn’t a failed season and if you think that only winning a GF makes a successful season then you have no idea about sport at all.

We finished what 5th or 6th of course it’s a failed season. There is enough quality in that side to be pushing a top 4 possie.
A Prelim should of been the bare minimum this year

Geez man, talk about pessimistic attitude. We finished 8th on the ladder (Bullies 4th) and won our first finals match. Get a grip, this season was far from a failure.

Well I thought we were a better team than where we finished. We beat Willy only a month ago and thrashed the Pies by 100. We had the Dogs on toast today and let it slip, we have definitely not taken our chances this year and I maintain we are top 4 material. Been plenty of individual wins for the year but as a team we havnt achieved our goal IMO

Young team. Lessons still to learn. Finals footy is very demanding.

“Earning your money today ump!”

Haven’t seen a fight like that for ages.

It was fun sitting on the hill with Humbert and friends while we celebrated the final “Ben McNiece’s left foot appreciation society” event of the year. He didn’t disappoint, winning the “Badass long and low kick to unexpected target” and the insane around the player on the mark “20m pass that didn’t get above knee level”. He was the highlight of the day other than when Kommer (on the mark and facing us) stooged the kicker by pointing at his feet as if warning him of some of some danger; the kicker then got distracted and Kommer smothered the mark. Lols all around.

Good day at the footy but didn’t quite go according to my half time prediction that we would walk away with it having worn them out in the first half. Oh well.

Just sharing these other pics also from the Licorice Gallery twitter account.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CsD2mATUMAU0q5u.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CsD0iSIUIAA0wVv.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CsD0LrwUAAAWcT2.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CsD3seZUsAEoL4I.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CsD1np5UAAAsSUi.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CsD06yDVUAA3ZcA.jpg:large

Today’s game puts our loss in perspective. We nearly beat this lot and they are smashing the Pies by over 100 points. We tired in the last but played a very good game and almost got there. Excellent effort.