Sewelol

We are looking at him.

What are thoughts?

Getting in older players is a pretty big statement from the club, they're aiming for a flag within 2 years.

He could be handy, but along with Chapman, an injury risk. Could however bridge the gap between now and couple of years when Kavanagh, Ashby, Hams and Gleeson are up and about.

If we can get him cheap it could be ok.

Do not want.

IMHO Chapman would be worth the risk as he is a proven goalkicker which is something we are lacking. Yes, we need midfield assistance but we don't need an old and slow midfielder who is basically at the end.

Not surprised that Hawthorn are putting his name about. They're looking to do what we should be doing, bringing new blood into the midfield.

Has value Sewell, but not for us. Too old, too slow, and another inside mid is not what we need. I'd rather see the likes of Hams developed internally.

Show me some outside runners at a decent price and I'll consider.

Sewell was far from confirmed by Dodoro.

nah

Only a fool would consider Sewell a cool tool in our midfield pool!

Do not want.

i SORT OF THINK HE'S DONE.

No thanks to Sewell...old, slow, poor kick....prefer Watson/Hocking/Myers as our inside mids even Melksham and Heppell getting time in there. He cant do much else other than run in the square, would just be a list clogger. Should be targeting Chappy and Dal Santo ahead of him. 

And if we have a Sewell thread where is the Dal Santo Thread.

His head is probably still spinning from the Lloyd hit.

well we settled that one, gurge this and ban all sewell talk please.

Should be finally going to Melbourne after agreeing to a trade there 7 or 8 years ago. Luckily for him, Ryan Ferguson, whom the Hawks were very keen on, rejected the trade and has spent 5 years at West Adelaide.

I wish Brad Sewell all the best in his future endeavours. Just not with us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=714jxXF7LLc

still makes me angry that lloyd was painted as having done something incredibly outrageous akin to a grinter v wallace incident.

fark me, two guys going hard at a loose ball, sewell got there first and lloyd followed through, didn't through an elbow or do anything particularly untoward but caught him high because had his head down, lloyd has about half a foot on him and lloyd was pushed into the contest.

there was a time not so long ago where he wouldn't even have been suspended for it.

Have respect for him as a player and looks like a ripping bloke but would not want him on our list. Just don't need him. 

still makes me angry that lloyd was painted as having done something incredibly outrageous akin to a grinter v wallace incident.
fark me, two guys going hard at a loose ball, sewell got there first and lloyd followed through, didn't through an elbow or do anything particularly untoward but caught him high because had his head down, lloyd has about half a foot on him and lloyd was pushed into the contest.
there was a time not so long ago where he wouldn't even have been suspended for it.

lol. come on. two blokes going hard at the ball? haha
he lined the bloke up from 50m away and knocked him into next week.

i never saw it that wat. was at the game and thought he had eyes for the ball right up until the last moment. I know lloydy has said he thought he needed to stand up and make a statement but i don't think he came of the line to charge at someone.

When Hawthorn are looking to unload an experienced player, buyer beware.

Spot on, Lloydy was trying to make a statement and had no interest in the ball whatsoever. It was a great hit but sadly something that is now consigned to history by the OH&S brigade.

On topic, absolutely zero interest in Sewell. He's past it as a player and I would assume Hawthorn won't just let him go cheaply. Would rather get 1 season out of Chappy as a FA than trade for Sewell and get at best 2 years.