Sewelol

still makes me angry that lloyd was painted as having done something incredibly outrageous akin to a grinter v wallace incident.
fark me, two guys going hard at a loose ball, sewell got there first and lloyd followed through, didn't through an elbow or do anything particularly untoward but caught him high because had his head down, lloyd has about half a foot on him and lloyd was pushed into the contest.
there was a time not so long ago where he wouldn't even have been suspended for it.

lol. come on. two blokes going hard at the ball? haha
he lined the bloke up from 50m away and knocked him into next week.

i never saw it that. was at the game and thought he had eyes for the ball right up until the last moment. I know lloydy has said he thought he needed to stand up and make a statement but i don't think he came of the line to charge at someone.

He had eyes for the ball until the last moment....unlike certain Hawthorn players in the infamous "line in the sand" game who never deviated from the man.

Would rather we move Hocking into a more "get ball" midfield role - something he has shown an aptitude for already - than get Sewell.

Then promote NOB up the chain as a tagger to replace Hocking in that role - something NOB has shown he could do this year.

If we get Sewell or Chapman we will regret it. I am opposed to both.

Who put ‘lol’ in the title :lol:

still makes me angry that lloyd was painted as having done something incredibly outrageous akin to a grinter v wallace incident.
fark me, two guys going hard at a loose ball, sewell got there first and lloyd followed through, didn't through an elbow or do anything particularly untoward but caught him high because had his head down, lloyd has about half a foot on him and lloyd was pushed into the contest.
there was a time not so long ago where he wouldn't even have been suspended for it.

i never saw it that. was at the game and thought he had eyes for the ball right up until the last moment. I know lloydy has said he thought he needed to stand up and make a statement but i don't think he came of the line to charge at someone.
He had eyes for the ball until the last moment....unlike certain Hawthorn players in the infamous "line in the sand" game who never deviated from the man.

Yep.
And the idea that you can 'line up' a player from 50m away in the modern game is laughable.
It was an accident, pure and simple.
The only problem with this is Lloyd insists on telling everyone he totally meant it.
Again, Lloyd was a very, very good player.

Sewell was far from confirmed by Dodoro.

This.

Has been a good player for them but he's just about past it now. 

Just a random thought, but after watching a couple of replays of last years GF he was generally seen as their best but his poor kicking/turn overs just about cost them the game.  

Sewell is exactly the type of player GWS need.  His experience & tough body is perfect for helping develop their young mids.  As much as they don't want to become a Bears type retirement home, they still need some more experienced heads.  They should have plenty of cap space & with Buddy turning them down they possibly have to spend extra somewhere. 

For us he doesn't really fill a need.  He's maybe an upgrade on Howlett or a possible replacement for Hocking (if injuries hit) but we need better disposal & some outside class - that aint Sewell.

Yep.
And the idea that you can 'line up' a player from 50m away in the modern game is laughable.
The only problem with this is Lloyd insists on telling everyone he totally meant it.
so lloyd just decides to lie about it? its just coincidence we needed to make a statement after half time, and our captain just accidently ran from full forward, inside the centre square off the first bounce and "accidentally" laid out a opposition player?
ffs. im not sure whether you lot are serious. of course he farking meant it, you only need to watch the replays to figure that out.
and it was a awesome hit. it did exactly what he wanted it to. unsettle them

Garbage

History shows Hawthorn trades blokes when they're shot, so no way.  I'd have thought we would have learned from the Mark Williams trade to be very wary of trading with Hawthorn.

Yep.
so lloyd just decides to lie about it? its just coincidence we needed to make a statement after half time, and our captain just accidently ran from full forward, inside the centre square off the first bounce and "accidentally" laid out a opposition player?
ffs. im not sure whether you lot are serious. of course he farking meant it, you only need to watch the replays to figure that out.
and it was a awesome hit. it did exactly what he wanted it to. unsettle them
I think it's you that needs to watch the replay.
Lloyd runs from CHF, not FF, which is still a hell of a long way.
The ball bobbles and bounces so much that the idea of lining a player up is just stupid. It's not Matthews/Bruns or Yeates/Brereton.
Lloyd runs towards the contest hard, hits the contest with his palms face up (ball or man, you tell me what that suggests?) and hits Sewell with his non-leading shoulder, which is ridiculously difficult to do deliberately.
I honestly can't say what Lloyd is thinking when he says it was all part of his wily scheme.
He was a very, very good player.

no way

History shows Hawthorn trades blokes when they're shot, so no way.  I'd have thought we would have learned from the Mark Williams trade to be very wary of trading with Hawthorn.

Agreed. Moved Jono Hay on knowing he had issues as well. Do not trust what Hawthorn offers. Would take Savage though.

I wish Brad Sewell all the best in his future endeavours. Just not with us.

I never get tired of watching that!

It’s his right shoulder, too.

what sort of message will that send to the likes of Kav, Browne, etc,

we dont need him.

100% correct

Others have joked on TV/Radio with Lloyd that he basically fell into that hit. There’s no shame in admitting it.

Others have joked on TV/Radio with Lloyd that he basically fell into that hit. There's no shame in admitting it.

Lloydy lining up Sewell.
image.jpg

Others have joked on TV/Radio with Lloyd that he basically fell into that hit. There's no shame in admitting it.

Lloydy lining up Sewell.
image.jpg

Got a few threads open there wim.