Short careers...which ones do you think about?

Muscles.

Bill Valli
Geoff Parker
Daniel Morgan
Dylan Van Unen

Met his younger brother in San Diego a few years ago.
Muscles runs in the family.

Really? Calthorpe went to Brisbane at the end of 98 while Young played out 99, fairly well too I thought. Seems odd that he’d leave because of a bloke at a different club in a different state.

I was a big fan of Ben Haynes.

Also, a blonde hair bloke we got from the SANFL in 2005 or 06. Thomas? Thought he was good.

This guy?
http://cdfc.com.au/club-news/paul-thomas-retirement/

Re: Young: That is my recollection as well. He came good in '99 and finally played strong consistent footy after being up and down previously iirc. Got to the end of the season and put a price on his head like he’d been doing it every week for 5 years. Minor correction: he put a price on his head like he’d been doing it every week for 5 years, and then just put together Mercuri’s '99.

Terry Cahill, Graeme Moss, Ian Marsh, Barry Day, Neale Daniher, Leon Baker, dean Rioli, Wayne Beddison.

Watched Phil Carman tear up windy hill one day in the red and black, and in the blink of an eye - or butt of the head- he vanished!

1 Like

Mal Meninga

2 Likes

Haynes was always a flash in the pan.

I agree with you about thomas. Never thought he got much of a go. I was really surprised he never got a gig elsewhere after us

DAMIEN CUPIDO!!!

DUPIDOOOOOOOOOLLLLL!!!

Ping @Bargey :wink:

2 Likes

Would have loved to have seen Andrew Lovett, Cupido and Scotty Gumbleton play 150 games each.
Laycock never reached his potential.
And going back to the mid-late 80’s, I thought Trevor Spencer could have been a really good CHF for us, but never made it.

1 Like

Another one I thought could have lasted longer was Michael Werner.

When TD was out suspended early '91, he played full-forward quite well.

But then TD came back, and for all TD’s strengths, his big weakness was that he went for every ball, even when a teammate was better placed. IIRC he touched through two goals to us earlier in the '84 GF when there was a greater need for him to shepherd the ball through.

Werner couldn’t tell TD to GTFO of his way, and drifted into obscurity.

1 Like

Graham Moss played 4 seasons with us, won a Brownlow in his last season with us & never played with us again. Has there ever been any other player who has called it quits whilst still being the current Brownlow medal holder?

Chris Cole

In previous years, really liked the look of Shaun Edwards and Lauchlan Dalgleish.

Thought Edwards had the potential to be a good 20 goal a season half-forward flanker, but seemed as though Woosha was never really invested in him last year. Don’t think playing him on the wing was the right choice and he seemed to struggle there in his 2-3 games at senior level. Disappointing considering he looked promising in 2015.

Really impressed by Dalgleish despite only playing 3 games. Thought he had great pace and was a great ball user. Seemed to play well at VFL level but never did enough for senior game time.

Scott Cummings
Brad Plain
Justin Madden

*short careers with us.

2 Likes

Ty Zantuck! How or why he ever played a single game is beyond understanding.
Sheedy deserved to be sacked just for recruiting him.

Recruiting Zanuck was worth it, solely for the Essington gif.

1 Like

Dustin Fletcher

5 Likes