Short careers...which ones do you think about?

Richard Cole
Daniel Morgan
Ilija Grigic

I remember when he got traded to Footscray.
He was a dead set spud for them.

Would love to know what Goaner and Gach are doing now and if they’re earning a buck playing footy for a team locally.

1 Like

Legit forgot Aylett existed

1 Like

Paul Hills - 93 premiership player

1 Like

Why couldn’t we just feed the bear?

1 Like

Excuse my ignorance, @mcewanc2 . What does “feed the bear” mean?

Robert Stevenson #17

Give games to Ted Richards

3 Likes

David Johnston has probably been mentioned in this thread.

I was watching footage from a game in the late 80’s and he was everywhere. Racking up possessions, when that meant something, probably as a loose man but having a good game. Funny, because I never recall him being that prominent, good-ordinary type, bit part back flanker. Perhaps a poor man’s G’OD.

Haynes terrorised the Yarra Valley league for a couple of years about a decade ago along with Henneman, Bullen and Moorcroft.
All 4 were pretty quick to pack their bags once the money dried up at Silvan.

1 Like

Courtney ■■■■■■ Johns.

John Fidge.
For laughs.

Always which Andrew Lovett didn’t get into the ■■■■ that he did. Would have gone down as one of our greats.

3 Likes

I remember going to training during the finals…99 maybe but pretty sure it was 2000. If you knew nothing other than just observing you would have said Milne was in our top 3 players if not our best. He was showing everything thing he ended up showing at St Kilda.

Only one training session…but still in my mind 18 years later

2 Likes

What the?
Aside from not getting in the ■■■■ that he did, he would have needed to work a helluva lot harder to be even close to a great.

Used to be the saying around this site to feed the bear (name him in the team)… week in week out …

James Podsiadly

1 Like

Haynes and Bullen played at Maribyrnong Park for a couple of years.

Think it was Banks who had a good game against Sav Rocca so they brought him in for his only game for the season on the next ANZAC day match

Jason Laycock
I had such high hopes.

2 Likes