Short careers...which ones do you think about?

Cupido. Could football

2 Likes

He was really the first young person, with whom i’d had any sort of connection, who’d died during my life. It had a big impact and made me think about death.

Within 6 months, two guys I’d been to school with, died of cancer.

1 Like

Can ■■■■■■■.

The vines

2 Likes

Role model?

That was a good joke. Run along now otherwise you’ll miss your ewok party

Me and some mates got invited out on the ■■■■ with him in early 94 and mercuri, olerenshaw, Symons turned up. Hills said his body was basically ■■■■■■ but he really wasn’t helping him based on what I witnessed (the night before a game I might add). Actually it was no surprise that season was a complete write off for the lot of them.

Are you saying Hills did things that Mark “Hose” Bolton use to do?
So that accounts for alot of things.

Not for the first time on this site but you’ve lost me.

2 Likes

Me and some mates got invited out on the ■■■■ with him one weekend and mercuri, olerenshaw, Symons turned up. Hills said his body was basically ■■■■■■ but he really wasn’t helping him based on what I witnessed (the night before a game I might add). Actually it was no surprise 94 was a complete write off for the lot of them.
Are you saying Hills did things that Mark “Hose” Bolton use to do?
So that accounts for alot of things

Anyone here remember Bob Shearman. He went straight from the thirds to the firsts and was a great running half-back flanker. Stayed about two seasons and then went interstate, never to return.

1 Like

Aaron Francis

8 Likes

Looking back I always thought Franga was going to win us 5 straight flags.

With a few norms and brownlows thrown in.

Oh well, will go to the SANFL and be a legend there playing with his mates.

1 Like

AN_10 is the only one old enough to remember before 1960. I do remember watching Shearman play for SA about 1970, and in those kicking contests on World of Sport.

Must be an interesting story as to why he moved to SA at 21 leaving his home.

Something to do with him leaving with the girlfriend of another player.

He was still married to her when he died a few years back so it wasn’t quite a Carey/Stevens entanglement.

The other player famously never married.

I have only the very vaguest memories of any games before 1960. My dad did say he was a prodigious kick.

Some reckon he could have been one the greatest ever Bomber players.

I remember my first game at Windy Hill in 1963 vs Fitzroy, or it could have been 1962

One player mot many would know about
he was the son of former tough player, committee man and great bloke Bob Syme
6 foot 5
played with Gary Pert but better
would take Coleman like marks
kicked 7 goals in one quarter in the u 19s in one game
from all reports would have been superstar
died tragically at 17 or 18 years old

1 Like

D. Rioli

When was that ? Did he play with Bomber Under 19’s ?