Short careers...which ones do you think about?

Ted Richards has been more than handy for Sydney.

I still think we could have done more to hold on to Caracella, Blumfield and Heffernan too.

1 Like

Che Cockatoo Collins, liked him, had flair, and then his form just disappeared.

Don't recall if he retired or went to another club. 

port adelaide but sort of the same thing

Che Cockatoo Collins, liked him, had flair, and then his form just disappeared.

Don't recall if he retired or went to another club. 

port adelaide but sort of the same thing

Fired up late in contract seasons.

Didn't Johns kick 20 goals in half a vfl game in 2003.

Four goals in a quarter, 10 marks (yes, i counted), much of that with the fifty metres cleared of everyone but him and his two opponents. 'Twas awesome, and there were only about 6 people behind his goals, myself included.

We were way behind at half-time, and Alessio kicked the last-minute goal for us to beat Werribee.

I was one of the six behind the goals with you that day David.  Should have kept him instead of Neagle.

Apologies here... Milne.
One of the best ever on our rookie list. Prior to any knowledge of character of course.

If you read Rama's book, perhaps Rama guiding Milne might have seen a different player. We will never know the answer.

Michael Prior. Wonderful kick of the footy, did his knee in 1998, came back 1999 had a great season but was in and out of the side 2000 more due to the rapid development of Rama and Mark Johnson taking those small defensive/midfield roles. Concur on Rama, minus the illness he would’ve been a 250 gamer, best and fairest winner, All-Australian…

1 Like

Nick Walsh

i picked up the John Coleman book from the Bombershop on Friday night. It is a very interesting read.

I actually thought Cory McGrath was going to be the next Michael Long.

Not sure what was going on behind the scenes but I felt he was never given a fair crack at it.

should have played in the 01 grand final.  very unlucky, and given how screwed we were with injured players being taken into that game, and a complete lack of second-half run throughout september,  a horrible non-selection.

I came in a little late, and can agree with many of the posts already.

But what about this one?

Brian Brown.

If he had only played another 98 games for us, we could have had his son Jonathan as our CHF for the last decade, And could have won the 2001 GF.

and could have been the first VFL footballer/Logie Hall of fame recipient.

it was great when he died in cocktail and tom cruise tried to act sad.

Sam Hunt

destroyed locket on his comeback....

Tim Darcy.

Michael Prior. Wonderful kick of the footy, did his knee in 1998, came back 1999 had a great season but was in and out of the side 2000 more due to the rapid development of Rama and Mark Johnson taking those small defensive/midfield roles. Concur on Rama, minus the illness he would've been a 250 gamer, best and fairest winner, All-Australian...

Yeah, imagine how different the mid 00s would have looked like with an uninjured Winders, a healthy Rama, a fit Dean Rioli and a Cupido with his head screwed on straight joining JJ and Hird in the middle.  Pev could have stayed a tagger where his disposal would have been less of a problem, and MJ could have stayed down back as nature intended.

Would have been a much brighter decade.

1 Like

I always had a soft spot for Peter Berbakov, but he never got a good run at it due to injury.

I was always a sucker for those silky half forward types - Bradley Plain as mentioned, Ben Haynes more recently. Peter Berbakov I thought should have been a 200 game player for the club - I rated him as a very good defender but he had a horrible injury early in 99 to his ankle and he never came back the same player.

Agree with Ben Haynes. Thought he was solid.

Tony antrobus without injury and a shocking temper would have rivaled Johnny platter as a rover

Good mullet too

Kommer and Hams. 

Dustin Fletcher

Brad plain

1 Like