Simmo picks some fights

People use this site for all kinds of reasons, many for cathartic ones, as mentioned above. It greatly diminishes the enjoyment for me (not the varied opinions, but the outright vitriol often hurled) but that’s the way it is and I’ve become accustomed to just scrolling by things that annoy me - for the most part. Nowadays it feels like being in a room of noisy irritating kids and just tuning out and doing my own thing. Until someone metaphorically throws something at my head.

9 Likes

tbf i never said we’d lose, i said there’s no point hoping for it like another poster, cos it would change nothing.

winning by 3 points still hasn’t changed anything really.they will continue to struggle against lower teams on the ladder, simply by the fact lower teams know they only have to put in more effort and they will always be in with a chance of winning games against us.

a 3 point win against a team who hasn’t won for 10 matches isn’t going to deter the next lowly placed team cracking in when they play us.

but they won.
i guess we will find out where our actual form line is over the next 4 weeks.
play 2nd and 3rd as well as an up and coming gold coast who enjoy the pressure game too, and a just as flakey as us GWS.

I preferred it when you got knee deep in the mire.

2 Likes

Every team has cracks. Collingwood were considered among the flag favourites, had one (albeit very important) midfielder as a late out then got fkng flogged. I think how we hold up with the cracks is just as, if not more important as fixing those cracks. We never get to play under perfect circumstances.

1 Like

■■■■■■ leave me out why don’t you…

get ■■■■■■.

yay we won.

I’m good. Looking at the response to the win across different platforms I reckon we have one of the most negative fanbases in the comp. I can’t help but wonder why that is.

1 Like

I’m usually pretty good at detecting sarcasm, but I’m having trouble with this one.

2 Likes

Lions look gettable.
Demons almost pinched it last night.

Good chance to take some % off Lions next week.

The bottom 5 is almost season over.
Everyone else has a chance to make the 8.

2 Likes

I put it down to the prolonged period of mediocrity and continual failings against sides that we should be beating comfortably that has become so ingrained into supporter mentality. That and picking serial under-performers (well in the eyes of the supporters anyway - perhaps these guys are deliver something else that the coaches are happy with).

Edit: You can probably add to that the fact that we come out and win games we are not expected to win playing like champions (i.e. Collingwood game) and then failing to back up against “lesser” sides with the same intensity and passion. Consistency I suppose.

3 Likes

I gave up bookmarking pretty early last week. Too many easy targets.

2 Likes

Not sarcasm. Fans of clubs who haven’t seen a flag in their lifetimes get right up and about after a win no matter who it’s against. A lot of us don’t.

1 Like

I like you Simmo

I would have, however, done this after a game where we didn’t fall over the line against the bottom of the ladder side. Get stuck into me after the Roos or Collingwood win and I’d feel pretty sheepish. After his game though? Not so much.

8 Likes

I gave it a crack because I thought all last week that the negativity was way more abundant than usual.

1 Like

We’re 6th on the ladder after 8 rounds, one win from top.
Last year after round 8 we were 13th
2018 we were 15th
2017 11th
2016 17th
2015 9th
2014 9th

Match previews/reviews barely seem to acknowledge this.

2 Likes

Our history against the bottom placed team should explain that negativity.

People won’t like this theory

But a lot of people haven’t (emotionally) dealt with the pain attached to the James Hird/saga stuff

6 Likes

15 wins and a % of 100.1 will put you higher on the ladder than 14 wins and a % of 300.

We’re 5 and 2, we must be doing something right. Of course we can improve, but the way many are carrying on, it’s like we are 0-7.

2 Likes

You really have to ask this question??

3 Likes

I don’t even think it’s a theory so much as a fact.

1 Like

A thread about negativity and I’m not in it? Am I in an alternate dimension and this isn’t real?

Good to see Robbo have about 3 bites of the cherry as well.

8 Likes