Simon Goodwin

Welcome to the Interim coach of the Essendon Football Club

937972-simon-goodwin-and-james-hird.jpg

Will be our coach next year

Will be interesting to see if he hangs around next year as I think he's out of contract at the end of this year.

If not bomber would love him to have the main gig next year, keep it within the current group, they’re on the right path and we don’t want to deviate from that

Hopefully he brings 'the good stuff' :lol:

Will be our coach next year

I hope Bomba wants to. Prob doesnt.

I doubt Goodwin would do just a year without having a senior somewhere else lined up for 2015.

Him as "coach" and Bomber as "assistant" would be good. 

Hopefully he brings 'the good stuff' :lol:

Still believe he was talking about himself in the 3rd person.

Really like Goodwin. Think he's been huge for the mids. Hoping for a Good win... (god that almost deserved suspension)

Really like Goodwin. Think he's been huge for the mids. Hoping for a Good win... (god that almost deserved suspension)

Almost? I've reported your post.

Almost? I've reported your post.

:lol:

Happy that Goodwin is getting a chance this week but I would expect us to give Bomber the role next year.. Him or Mark Harvey.

He would be a fine looking man if he could grow a "Hird" head of hair

Happy that Goodwin is getting a chance this week but I would expect us to give Bomber the role next year.. Him or Mark Harvey.

So bring a guy in for a year that doesn't know our game plan, have him implement his own game plan, then remove him for Hird who reintroduces original game plan? :wacko:

So bring a guy in for a year that doesn't know our game plan, have him implement his own game plan, then remove him for Hird who reintroduces original game plan? :wacko:

So we couldn't teach another coach our gameplan?

Finally someone else has pointed this out. Don't know why people are calling for harvey, daniher or sheedy etc. Whats the point? Keep it within the club. Bomber probably taught everything he knows to Hirdy when he started. If he coaches, expect coaching and team structure to stay the same (which is the best thing).

Him as "coach" and Bomber as "assistant" would be good. 

I second that.. ideal setup if Bomber doesn't want it. I hope Bomber is around another 2 years..

I know Goody personally and have for many years. As good a guy off the field as he was a player on it.

He looks permanently tired when he talks though.