Simon Madden - Open Mike on Monday 25th May

Just a heads up.

Mike does love interviewing the red & black. Sheedy, Salmon, Baker, Barnes, Bomber, Wanganeen.

Marngrook FS loves to have a Bomber on too. Been a shipload over the last 2 years especially.

Always plenty of time talking to them, & very relaxed.

“Is ____ the devil?”

Should be a love fest. Mike thinks Madden is the best Bomber he has seen. I have to agree with him.

Should be a love fest. Mike thinks Madden is the best Bomber he has seen. I have to agree with him.

Think he rates him higher than that. Reckon he has said in the past he is one of the greatest players and certainly the best ruckman he has seen.

This the peanut bloke?

This the peanut bloke?

Yes … but never call him “Peanut” to his face.

<3

Think he rates him higher than that. Reckon he has said in the past he is one of the greatest players and certainly the best ruckman he has seen.

He probably said he was the best ruckman ever because he actually was.

Being 7 years old and seeing this superstar firstly throw cut lunches at Ian Payton and then best rested and dominate the final quarter of the 1984 GF are some of the best moment of my childhood

Being 7 years old and seeing this superstar firstly throw cut lunches at Ian Payton and then best rested and dominate the final quarter of the 1984 GF are some of the best moment of my childhood

Did the GF brawl happen in 84 or 85?
I recall hearing Van den Haar and Daniher making fun of Simon’s fighting techniques.

Did the GF brawl happen in 84 or 85?
I recall hearing Van den Haar and Daniher making fun of Simon’s fighting techniques.

The brawl was in 85 but Madden and Payton was 84.

Will read about the interview here thanks.

I did tune in for the Wanga one, had forgotten how much of a ‘oh look I am not really part of the media I’m your friend’ Mike is, can’t bring myself to watch again. Once was enough.

We’ve been quite lucky with Open Mike this year.

Yeah Mike is a pretty average interviewer. Puts too much of himself in there.

Yeah Mike is a pretty average interviewer. Puts too much of himself in there.

Surprised he actually knows there’s another person in the room.

Been meaning to post about him for a while. I went to a lunch with him a few months back. He was asked about the Sorry Saga and his opinion basically mirrored everything that’s been said in the Sorry Saga thread.

Say what you like, we copped our wack. BIG TIME.
No-one is investigating the AFL and their actions
No-one is investigating the ASADA and their actions
No positive tests.
James Hird doesn’t run the footy club.
Go look at the corporate governance and actually learn a thing or two about it before you crucify one man for a systematic failure
Some of the leaks were appalling.

It almost brought a tear to my eye.

Hoping Sheehan asks him about the saga.

Been meaning to post about him for a while. I went to a lunch with him a few months back. He was asked about the Sorry Saga and his opinion basically mirrored everything that's been said in the Sorry Saga thread.

Say what you like, we copped our wack. BIG TIME.
No-one is investigating the AFL and their actions
No-one is investigating the ASADA and their actions
No positive tests.
James Hird doesn’t run the footy club.
Go look at the corporate governance and actually learn a thing or two about it before you crucify one man for a systematic failure
Some of the leaks were appalling.

It almost brought a tear to my eye.

Hoping Sheehan asks him about the saga.

Except that Sheehan will keep talking over the top and putting forth his position that we are drug cheats and there’s no question about it.

He probably said he was the best ruckman ever because he actually was.

Apparently after a SOO match, Greg Williams actually said he wished he played for Essendon because of the way Madden would tap the ball to them. He said it must be a dream being a centerman at Essendon when Madden is in the ruck.