Skiing in Victoria

Would love to be over there.

Iā€™ve done all those maneuvers.

You just jumped right into the boat didnā€™t you?! Completely bypassed the hook and climbed straight in the live wellā€¦ :laughing:

Somehow, not sure how either, most of my riding buddies are boarders. Doesnā€™t matter so much given we have to stop at the end of each run to switch over for the hike out.

Yep 28 runs on the final day

1 Like

Boy Wonder is living the life I want.

And going to treble cone on Saturday for a weekā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ve met skiiers too, this is not surprising.

Look, I can live with 'boarders as long as they park themselves to the side of a run, not in the middle and for the love of God, move out the way of the lift landing BEFORE you start adjusting yourselves.

Ok.

Now youā€™re mocking me.

I just donā€™t know why he has so much hate for boarders. Heā€™s a closet Sydney supporter, so we know his judgement is poor, but it seems like itā€™s at ulcer-causing level. I worry for the guy.

I suspect itā€™s a mix of self-loathing and shame that he secretly wants to be a snowboarder, but he thinks that would entail having to wear his pants down low, listen to rap music whilst hitting the terrain park and call everyone dude; which we all know would be frankly ridiculous for a main of his age.

1 Like

I think those rules kind of apply to everyone.

1 Like

Particularly 'boarders.

So, thatā€™s a no to my cuddle offer then?

1 Like

Might rain across the ditch next weekā€¦

Honestly, anyone leaving Aus to ski/board right now has already lost.

3 Likes

Age actually has something to do with it. If Iā€™d come to the sport as a teenager I probably would have tried boarding first. From what Iā€™ve seen, boarders seem to outnumber skiers 5-1 for people up to around their mid 30ā€™s. Skiing seems to dominate mid 30ā€™s upwards. This plus the advice of a friend who is an expert double planker and 'boarder. Before weā€™d had left for our first trip to the snow, she suggested that skiing is a little easier to come to terms with for 1st timers than snow boarding is. As our trip was for 7x days and had cost heaps, we figured that skiing would give better value. No regrets though and Iā€™ve had no inclination to learn 'boarding since.

easier to learn, harder to master.

Not wrong.

When I watch the proā€™s (skis + boards) go off piste, I look on with a fair bit of envy.

thereā€™s a sayingā€¦ never a truer word spokenā€¦

Itā€™s not that you canā€™t ski bumps, itā€™s that you canā€™t ski and the bumps prove it.

1 Like

Now excuse me while I go fap over the above photo again.

mah gerdā€¦

1 Like