Skiing in Victoria

It’s the most snow for an opening weekend ever, apparently. Going to largely wash/melt off from Monday but should be good Sat and Sun.

Hotham have got ~2ft of snow, Falls slightly less. It’s going to be amazing skiing for this early in the season. Both could’ve opened last weekend but for lack of staff.

If you’re considering the US during the northern winter then the Epic pass (or Icon for Mt buller) are great value.

1 Like

Minimal damage. Looking like maybe 20ml of rain which is nothing and at this time of year will be good to consolidate the snowpack.

Yeah they had been saying 20-40 but now 10-15…

Even 40ml wouldn’t do a heap of damage apart from high traffic areas. And at this time of year you have to expect it. More than anything it just makes for a ■■■■ days skiing in the rain.

Looks like the NSW fields got a decent dusting aswell
My brother was at Thredbo last weekend and said it was great. He took his kids to Selwyn yesterday and said it had a pretty good coverage.

They were talking 40 at like 6-8 degrees- that’d hurt. The first dump was already rained on so packed and dragged down sticks Heath etc already. I don’t ski much and only xc these days - did a quick run to lake mountain Saturday and it was great if only just enough cover. They groomed it overnight so fridays crew got soft stuff we didn’t. Almost no one there so it was a free ski - no trail fees and no gate entry, but groomed trails!

15 mls there will wash that thin cover off tbh. The downhill resorts will be fine as you say

1 Like

Selwyn got the jump and opened earlier than everyone, which is pretty funny given the effort So perisher and buller went to to tell everyone how they were opening early.

Barring a 100ml rain event this will set up the base for season.

Baw Baw has lots of snow similar (unusually) to the higher resorts, and will be in the rain shadow next week -4 mm only is forecast. If I go for a xc in the next few weeks maybe st gwinear or baw baw will be the go…

1 Like

My son at Lake Mtn last Sat. Pretty much deserted cover pretty good and groomed, if marginal (other bits were a tad patchy).

3 Likes

We were considering taking the kids for a ski at baw baw on Saturday but got stuff on. It looks as good as I’ve ever seen, very nearly blew off work for a ski up there on Monday.

Snow is the only thing I envy about Victoria.

NSW has the main range.

You tell them to shut up.

Selwyn on 26/05/19

Bit to come. A farking shed load actually.

Hows Hotham looking?

Shithouse. But this time next week…

1 Like

Saw this title and thought it was another Demons thread.

2 Likes

I’m heading up to Falls at the end of next week. Glad to see it’s finally snowing.