Sleep paralysis

It happens quite often to me. Very mild though. Still scary.

did you hallucinate?

I get it somewhat often with the intruder effect (devil on your chest they call it)
Freaked me out when I was younger but never knew what it was. Should add that it isnā€™t always a random intruder who ā€œentersā€ your room. Sometimes it is friends or family members

Now I know when it is happening although sometimes it takes a while to realize

Best thing to do it slowly try and wiggle your toes, stay calm and slowly wake yourself up. Donā€™t bother trying to talk either

Once you are awake you will be groggy as fk. Make sure you sit/stand up right away otherwise you will fall right back to sleep and into paralysis

Hope this helps. Its happened to me quite a lot over the years. Donā€™t think it can be fatal so donā€™t stress
Happy to answer anymore questions/concerns

If you can get beyond being freaked out by it, lucid dreaming is simply amazing. You know you are asleep, and you know you are dreaming, and you know you can control EVERYTHING. The feeling of falling and flying becomes very real, but controllable.

Yeah sometimes mid dream I realize Iā€™m only dreaming and I legit turn myself into Supermanā€¦itā€™s ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  awesome
Not sure if it is lucid but regardless Iā€™m in control

I completely forgot i made this thread

Yeah, i got the whole intruder thing. It was if soneone was sitting in me. Hasnt happened again yet. And i do stress, HEAPS. money, deadlines, family etc. My brain us constantly ticking over, im quite often tired every day even if i get 8-9 hrs of sleep

Iā€™ve had a few different kindsā€¦

1. You wake up but canā€™t move your body, yet you are fully aware and can see and hear everything happening. You are locked in until you slowly unlock.
  2. Scary spirits moaning around you in a whirlwind, you are locked into this dream and are eagerly trying to fight your way to waking up. Awful experience. The yelling, eek.

You people are weird

I had this a couple of years ago, scariest experience of my lifeā€¦

I thought I was awake and I was looking out the window and this shady figure with a round hat kept peeping around the corner of my house, i closed my eyes and looked again and it was getting slowly closer.
Eventually, it got right to my window and I shut my eyes and could see flashing through my eyelids. I opened them and i could see lights (like someone taking pictures with flash). I tried to move and scream, but I was completely paralized and couldnā€™t make any sound at all.

Lasted for maybe 20 seconds, then I woke up (or stopped hallucinating).

Freaky thing was around the same time this happened (2am), my brother heard banging on his bedroom door which was next to me.
He just layed there and didnā€™t open the door or call out so we still donā€™t know what happened.

Maybe I was sleepwalking? Which has never be known to happen to me.

You people are weird

Smoke a truckload of weed, pass out, wake up 8 hours later.

How hard is it?

Yeah, i got the whole intruder thing. It was if soneone was sitting in me. Hasnt happened again yet. And i do stress, HEAPS. money, deadlines, family etc. My brain us constantly ticking over, im quite often tired every day even if i get 8-9 hrs of sleep

In all seriousness though, sounds like you suffer from Anxiety WOB.

Maybe speak to your Doc about it, or as a starter, try taking St Johnā€™s Wort. You can get it from the supermarket in the vitamin section. Itā€™s good stuff.

I had this a couple of years ago, scariest experience of my life..

I thought I was awake and I was looking out the window and this shady figure with a round hat kept peeping around the corner of my house, i closed my eyes and looked again and it was getting slowly closer.
Eventually, it got right to my window and I shut my eyes and could see flashing through my eyelids. I opened them and i could see lights (like someone taking pictures with flash). I tried to move and scream, but I was completely paralized and couldnā€™t make any sound at all.l

Lasted for maybe 20 seconds, then I woke up (or stopped hallucinating).

Freaky thing was around the same time this happened (2am), my brother heard banging on his bedroom door which was next to me.
He just layed there and didnā€™t open the door or call out so we still donā€™t know what happened.

Maybe I was sleepwalking? Which has never be known to happen to me.

ā– ā– ā– ā– 
That is one damn scary experience

Not sure if it is related to stress but either way you should try and sort out your stress issues
Try meditation, eat a healthier diet and be active

Living a stressed life can cause some serious health issues

Sounds like the tail-end of an LSD experience.

Sounds like the tail-end of an LSD experience.

not far off, two brain chemicals, glycine and GABA, are responsible for the muscle paralysis.

I find if I eat certain foods Iā€™ll have some pretty psychotic dreams, key triggers are blue cheese and very spicy stuff.

My wife sleep walks a bit, just gets of bed, walking around and trash talking and then just gets back into bed. At first itā€™s scary, then itā€™s funny, now itā€™s a pain in the ā– ā– ā– ā– .

Used to get this as a kid. Remember it being very scary. Would last up to a full minute when waking up. Not sure how or why it stopped.

I dont think Iā€™ve had sleep paralysis. But I have lucid dreamed quite often, and its awesome.

If you can get beyond being freaked out by it, lucid dreaming is simply amazing. You know you are asleep, and you know you are dreaming, and you know you can control EVERYTHING. The feeling of falling and flying becomes very real, but controllable.

Yeah sometimes mid dream I realize Iā€™m only dreaming and I legit turn myself into Supermanā€¦itā€™s ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  awesome
Not sure if it is lucid but regardless Iā€™m in control

Yes, you are lucid. There are different levels, from simply being aware of the dream to then actively manipulating the dream. Making object appear is fun aswell. But I love the flying.

1 Like

yes, the flying is mad. the falling, and not dying is madder