Small Forwards

Alwyn Davey is at the end, Leroy Jetta isn't the answer, Corey Dell'Olio hasn't proven himself

I know I might get shot down on this forum but I reckon we could do a lot worse then go after Eddie Betts. Offer him the same contract we offered Crameri. Crameri has been our leading goalkicker the last few years and Eddie Betts has kicked plenty more than him in that time.

Would give an extra dimension to our forwardline which looks pretty slow when the ball hits the ground apart from when Licka is playing.

Thoughts? any other small forwards worth going after?

I would not give him anywhere near $500 000

Nahas only one who springs to mind...Dirt cheap. Not much else going for him.

How about Ben McGlynn? creates good forward pressure and kicks goals. Is a little injury prone though

When J Daniher revolutionises the forward line, and he will, small forwards will become redundant.

Jed Lamb. Get it done.

Is pick 22 overs for Lamb?

was take at pick 21 in heppell's year. has played 12 games. probably close to parity considering the weak draft.

He was drafted with pick 21.

it would be close, he was pick 21 in 2010. I'd reckon he'd be closer to pick 30

Cheers guys.

If we miss out on Adams, hope we turn our attention to Lamb. 22 should get it done then!

Thread should read "Forwards".

Not just small forwards required at Essendon.

Apart from Joe Daniher's potential, the cupboard is bare at Essendon when it comes to true forwards of any shape and size.

At this point in time Essendon will be heading into 2014 with Tom Bellchambers as its most potent forward. Personally, I rate Belly highly but not as the answer to Essendon's dysfunctional forward line problems.

Cheers guys.
If we miss out on Adams, hope we turn our attention to Lamb. 22 should get it done then!

if we trade 22 for Lamb I will lose it. We should be able to get him far far cheaper

Betts is going to Adelaide on massive coin.

Cheers guys.

if we trade 22 for Lamb I will lose it. We should be able to get him far far cheaper

Not sure about that - cant see swans bring delighted to lose him if they do

Cheers guys.

Really? I would have thought pick 22 would not be enough (especially considering this is a weak draft)

From the reports I read around draft time, this kid is a MASSIVE bombers fan. Would love for us to get him over

Cheers guys.

Not sure about that - cant see swans bring delighted to lose him if they do

They will take less than 22

Cheers guys.

Really? I would have thought pick 22 would not be enough (especially considering this is a weak draft)

From the reports I read around draft time, this kid is a MASSIVE bombers fan. Would love for us to get him over

I would live to get him over to.
For a later pick

Swans need to cut players cause of buddy deal. Hope we get him cheap.

Betts is going to Adelaide on massive coin.

North are emerging as favourite.
He is best mates with Lindsay Thomas and the Roos are only offering about $50k less than the Crows. Rumour is Eddie and his wife have serious doubts about uprooting their family and moving to Adelaide where they have no friends or family. Probably weighing up his options, sometimes its better to take the slightly less offer and stay in a comfortable environment and existing home, school for kids etc