Small Forwards

Would Varcoe be worth a look?

Dont know what he would command

Would love Varcoe. Only 25, and is a gun when in full confidence (which he wasn’t this year).

Wouldn’t be surprised if Gumby goes to Geelong for Varcoe.

I'm wrong I know but I actually think Demps would make a really good smaller forward. Was thrown forward a few times in his early years and definitely lit the forward line up a bit and he does like a goal.

Would love Varcoe. Only 25, and is a gun when in full confidence (which he wasn't this year).
Wouldn't be surprised if Gumby goes to Geelong for Varcoe.

Wow only 25, feel like he's been around for ages.

Would love Varcoe. Only 25, and is a gun when in full confidence (which he wasn't this year).

No chance at all.

He's played over 100 games, but not many of them have been good ones. This season he only kicked 8 goals from 14 games. He had a decent season in 2010.

Would Varcoe be worth a look?
Dont know what he would command

No thanks

Does anyone know anything about Josh Mellington from Freo. I read somewhere today that he is keen to leave as he opportunities are limited given he is behind Walters and Ballantyne. He is from Benalla so is a Victorian kid and was originally drafted with pick 56 in 2010. He has managed 6 games over 3 seasons, but 2012 was hampered by a serious hamstring injury (he would at least have a conversation starter with 75% of our list). 

He is listed at 84kg and 185cm. 

WAFL watchers any idea how he performed this year?

Poor Gumby. He's going to need to be much more durable next year when he's playing for about 6 clubs.

uhhh I would be

uhhh I would be
Have you heard otherwise?
You'd expect Geelong to at least enquire about Gumby especially if Pods is looking to retire.

uhhh I would be
Have you heard otherwise?
You'd expect Geelong to at least enquire about Gumby especially if Pods is looking to retire.

^^^This sums up Blitz. I love it so much. 

Cheers guys.
If we miss out on Adams, hope we turn our attention to Lamb. 22 should get it done then!

if we trade 22 for Lamb I will lose it. We should be able to get him far far cheaper

Our next pick will be close to 50, unless we trade out players.

Does anyone know anything about Josh Mellington from Freo. I read somewhere today that he is keen to leave as he opportunities are limited given he is behind Walters and Ballantyne. He is from Benalla so is a Victorian kid and was originally drafted with pick 56 in 2010. He has managed 6 games over 3 seasons, but 2012 was hampered by a serious hamstring injury (he would at least have a conversation starter with 75% of our list). 

He is listed at 84kg and 185cm. 

WAFL watchers any idea how he performed this year?

Rated him highly before his hammy's....im from Benalla thou so slight home town thing going on. Mind you I rated Rockliff before he was drafted as I had seen him tear teams apart...Mellington was the same! Just needs to get his body right..His younger brother was also a star..His old man was my P.E. teacher at school..local footy champ at my old club

Hhaha anyway...good kid

Cheers guys.
If we miss out on Adams, hope we turn our attention to Lamb. 22 should get it done then!

if we trade 22 for Lamb I will lose it. We should be able to get him far far cheaper

Same. He's OK, he'd be a good fit, but I wouldn't be giving away *that* high a pick on him for a guy who's played 12 games in 3 years.

That draft was a severely compromised by GC - Steinberg went pick 30-odd & he would probably be a pick 60 - to - rookie type, most years.

However, the situation Sydney are in, the amount they're tying up on 2 guys, I think we could make some reasonable offers with other reasonable players/prospects who aren't getting a look in & are disposable from their POV... maybe Cunningham (tiny young forward pocket, but came good in finals) or Richards (the younger), probably not Towers or Membrey. Heck, depending on how many picks they get from White/Mumford etc, they might not even be using their 2nd/3rd/4th rounders - which we probably will use. They're clearly not ridiculous jerks at the trade table, and happy to get deals done.

For eg I would do pick 22 for Lamb & their 2nd, which will be about 40.

Betts is going to Adelaide on massive coin.

North are emerging as favourite.
He is best mates with Lindsay Thomas and the Roos are only offering about $50k less than the Crows. Rumour is Eddie and his wife have serious doubts about uprooting their family and moving to Adelaide where they have no friends or family. Probably weighing up his options, sometimes its better to take the slightly less offer and stay in a comfortable environment and existing home, school for kids etc

He's from SA, isn't he?

Cheers guys.

Same. He's OK, he'd be a good fit, but I wouldn't be giving away *that* high a pick on him for a guy who's played 12 games in 3 years.

That draft was a severely compromised by GC - Steinberg went pick 30-odd & he would probably be a pick 60 - to - rookie type, most years.

However, the situation Sydney are in, the amount they're tying up on 2 guys, I think we could make some reasonable offers with other reasonable players/prospects who aren't getting a look in & are disposable from their POV... maybe Cunningham (tiny young forward pocket, but came good in finals) or Richards (the younger), probably not Towers or Membrey. Heck, depending on how many picks they get from White/Mumford etc, they might not even be using their 2nd/3rd/4th rounders - which we probably will use. They're clearly not ridiculous jerks at the trade table, and happy to get deals done.

For eg I would do pick 22 for Lamb & their 2nd, which will be about 40.

Should get nothing for Mumford.  GWS should make him walk to PSD and the Swans get SFA.  

Although knowing Sydney, they will trade for some no name kid who turns out to be a superstar.

He's played over 100 games, but not many of them have been good ones. This season he only kicked 8 goals from 14 games. He had a decent season in 2010.

Can't possibly think why he would've been a touch down this year after a year and a half out.

Can play, would be a very good get. Better defensive work than Davey, gets us more outside run up around the midfield - even if he doesn't kick *that* many goals he certainly helps get it down there & traps it in.

Can't possibly think why he would've been a touch down this year after a year and a half out.

Can play, would be a very good get. Better defensive work than Davey, gets us more outside run up around the midfield - even if he doesn't kick *that* many goals he certainly helps get it down there & traps it in.

Meh... I don't reckon he's much chop, or ever has been. He's been trading on potential for a long time now. Yes, he missed a fair bit of footy (not a year and half though), but he played VFL and even AFL late last year, had a full pre-season, and still produced some pretty ordinary footy. His career and output is very similar to Jetta.

Meh... I don't reckon he's much chop, or ever has been. He's been trading on potential for a long time now. Yes, he missed a fair bit of footy (not a year and half though), but he played VFL and even AFL late last year, had a full pre-season, and still produced some pretty ordinary footy. His career and output is very similar to Jetta.
Very different players on the field though. Demands the ball, rarely coasts and hits with a fair bit of force