Sneaker Pimps

I swear they’re just what I wear when loafing around the house with tracky dacks.

1 Like

And @handypoint there’s a thread for that!

Sneakers are probably my one fashion indulgence. I work at home and don’t go out much, so I don’t really own much in the way of formal footwear.

Almost everything I own are the classics - Nike Cortezs and Challenger / Waffle, Adidas Dragons or Coast Stars, Low-cut Chucks (still my drumming shoes of choice)

My sneaker game is perpetually stuck somewhere between 1979 and 1982, but that’s how I like it. I dunno, I guess these were the first shoes I had as a little kid, so I tend to gravitate back towards them.

2 Likes

Thanks Frosty!

1 Like

do puma speed cats come in sizes above 7?

I think I have a problem. Through lockdown I bought a bunch of sneakers online. Got to the end of lockdown and thought “I have a problem, I need to stop.”. Then pulled up sore from a run, and it felt like the “running shoes have reached the end” knee, and instead of just buying the 2 model old ASICS nimbus at 60% off like the previous few times I went down the rabbit hole of trying to see what new models were available, and what is the go with the new sneakers that apparently make you run faster.

2 months later I’ve bought a new pair of “tempo shoes” (ASICS Evoride) , and a new pair of distance shoes (New Balance 1080) and a 3rd pair of “daily trainers” (Adidas Supernova).

Will it ever stop?

1 Like

Did you consider Nike Vaporfly, look good but too price prohibitive for me.

I watched a bunch of reviews, but the $$ seem pretty high given I’m not really looking to run any PBs anytime soon!

Instead buying 3 pairs is so much cheaper right…oh dear…

Any assistance would be appreciated…

Guys, I gotta buy my teenage son some basketball shoes. They’re all pretty outrageous looking, so having trouble even getting him to try a pair on.

What/where do you guys buy basketball shoes? And what brands are kids into.

That seems so counter intuitive? Teen/young boys normally can’t wait to get new Basketball shoes, and will generally want the really expensive ones that their Fave player is paid Millions to wear IME.

My G/Son plays, and being that one M Jordan is his FP, (thanks to his Dad), he is still all about the “Airs”

I would try to get to one of the Nike factory outlets (South Wharf or Uni Hill). Try to get there first thing if you can because it’s a vortex of chaos at 11am. Make sure you have a look at the bargain rack (on the back wall at Uni Hill, not sure at South Wharf).

1 Like

Other than Michael Jordan, or Kobe. I don’t think he knows any basketballers. He’s never watched a game and I don’t think he’d know any clubs. It’s bizarre.

I think the Uni Hill option.

1 Like

So why does he need them, if he’s not into it?

Normal shoes are slippery AF on a basketball court. He loves playing but got no idea of anything about the sport outside of his local comp.

1 Like

My son (19yo) really likes these Air Jordan 1’s.
He is frugal with most purchases so he couldn’t justify the cost $499.
(apparently some store in Melb Central).

The info received from his mum is that he loves them.
He would be wearing them casually, not for sporting/basketball purposes.

Any suggestions for improving on that pricepoint ?
There are so many combinations of colour & style online, its a daunting exercise.

I think that colourway is the killer on price.

At Nike Au you can get AJ1s for <200 (pending sizing etc)

These @170 would be ideal except for the white midsole…(size 9 only)

1 Like

Great price.
Reckon US9 will be a size too small for bltn jnr.

They look ‘sick’ though !

$500. Unbelievable.

I had a pair of those in 1986… I couldn’t tell you what they would have cost then, but it would have been less than $50 USD.

You probably don’t want to know how much a pair of originals are worth now.