Snow Skiing Thread

Thread for discussions about all things snow skiing. Primarily downhill but cross country also accepted.

Interested in Blitzers who have experience on Australian or International slopes.

Yuppie

Is this the biathlon thread? What a sensational sport.

Just got back from Sohoro Japan.

Went from never seen snow to carving up the slopes in two days.

Thanks, Mae, you’re a genius.

So much snow. So powdery.

We’re going back.

Melbourne supporters should be able to help you out

With what? Carrying my gear?

I snowboard.
Badly, real badly.

Been up to Perisher twice in the last few years, basically three times the size of Falls, so there’s more runs to do, more lifts, and more pubs etc. A bit higher up too, so the snow seems to be a fraction better. We’ve found it’s a bit cheaper too, probably just because there’s more competition.
■■■■ of a drive though!

Got my own board for the last trip, makes everything just that much easier not spending the first 5 runs working a different board out, and a shedload more comfortable since it’s tailored to what you want.

Japan is on the wishlist. Might end up going to NZ this year, not sure.
Anyone done South America? Meant to be awesome as well.

Quoted Post

Been up to Perisher twice in the last few years, basically three times the size of Falls, so there's more runs to do, more lifts, and more pubs etc. A bit higher up too, so the snow seems to be a fraction better. We've found it's a bit cheaper too, probably just because there's more competition. ■■■■ of a drive though!
Pity Perisher is just as flat as Falls. But yes,the higher elevation means the quality of snow there is usually better.