So... should we mock those who wouldn't make plans for September?

I love Collingwood.

P.S. Fark Collingwood.

16 Likes

As it stands, we have every right to be there in September. Still a shitload of work to do and a lot could go wrong, but itā€™s our spot to lose now, others are relying on us to lose.
Interesting to see how the boys react, and whether they start playing better with some belief.
Probably good the media will ignore us, should keep us hungry.

I want a final. But I also want a final where we show up.

Thatā€™s all. Even if itā€™s in the face of bullshit umpiring in Sydney or Adelaide

Very bigley.
Next weekā€™s game huge.

1 Like

Question is whether we make plans for the second week.

Top 4 still on offer. GWS are garbage.

Next 2 weeks will tell us if we are going to make finals

I think a home final is a real possibility if we win our next 2

Beat bulldogs and I think we will make it.

2 Likes

West Coast losing more than offsets Richmond winning, because of their quite different percentages.

12 wins (i.e. lose to Adelaide, plus either Footscray or an Essington Special) very likely means finals now, given the three teams below us are ~10% behind on percentage.

Melbourne or Richmond as our first opponent is definitely plausible, rather than an interstate trip.

They both play St Kilda in the run home, so the Saintsā€™ form (or lack thereof) is crucial.

3 Likes

In the 8.

Our side that is killing it (semi regularly) is made up of: Mcgrath - talented but raw at 18 years old, Tippa - Rookie from Tiwi, McKenna - Irish rookie, Fanta - 21 year old pick 57, Kelly - 34 year old discard, Stewart - discard, Ambrose -rookie, Bags - rookie, Green - discard, Harley -discard, Parish - 20 year old second season, Watson - 32 and 1.5 years out of footy, Myers - 2 years out of footy, Goddard 32 year old, Coyler - 1.5 years out of footy, Merrett - 21 year old pick 20ish, Gleeson - maligned skinny type, TBC - 1.5 years out of footy, inconsistent career, Zaka - much maligned , Hooker- 1 year out of footy and in a role hes developing in, Hurls and Dys, 1 year out of footy and Joe -semi maligned sprayer (now tracking to best player in AFL)

Keep it going Neeld, Harvs, McKenna and co. development is tracking well.

11 Likes

This club ainā€™t farked.

5 Likes

I think our most damaging side that could hopefully do some damage in September (if we make it) is:

B: Bags Hartley Gleeson

HB: McKenna Hurley McGrath

C: Colyer Heppell Zaharakis

HF: Fantasia Joe Lav/Green

F: Stewart Hooker Walla

Fol: TBell, Watson, Merrett

Int: Kelly, Parish, Myers, Goddard

Not sure where Ambrose goes, I guess it depends which team we are coming up against. The three talls would be handy against a team such as the crows. but its important that we start to get some continuity and keep to this group if we are serious about finals. Bring on september :slight_smile:

Isnā€™t that the side that weā€™ve been playing?

3 Likes

I just think Ambrose is built for finals footy. Fit. Hard. Brutal. Wins contests.

9 Likes

A huge 3 weeks coming up (WB,Carl, Adel). Win 2 and I think weā€™ll make finals. Beating the Dogs would effectively kill their chances, weā€™d effectively be 2 games ahead (a win + a games worth of percentage.)

Fremantle are toast and we should win at home and GC arenā€™t too much chop and we should win that so the last two Iā€™m expecting to win, but Iā€™d love us to have some safety before those two games.

2 Likes

Week 20 and we are still in the 8, we will then make finals.
All the top nuggets play each otherā€¦so win lose or draw we get to play finals no matter what.
Make plans then.

We ainā€™t losing a single game. Weā€™ll smash the dogs, barely beat the bloos, scrap by the crows thanks to their inaccurate game, beat GC by a comply 30 and beat the Docker by a Ambrose game winning goal.

2 Likes

This week is the crunch game. Win and we will make it, barring a catastrophe. Lose and I just canā€™t see it happening.

4 Likes

How good would four wins in a row be?

9 Likes

We are legitimately in the 8 maybe for the first time this year. If we win 3 of 5 we most likely play finals and certainly if we win 4 of 5.
Itā€™s up to us (assuming no blatant umpiring cheating)

6 Likes