So... should we mock those who wouldn't make plans for September?

Doesn’t change the fact they’re bog average this year.

2 Likes

And coming back from a humid game in Cairns in which they couldn’t fly home until yesterday. Also lost Morris to injury and possibly Redpath to the MRP. I’m more confident of winning this game than Norf

I’m more confident of winning any game than North. Including Adelaide.

2 Likes

It not sure the playing interstate in humid conditions means anything these days with advancements in recovery. Don’t forget after playing against Freo in ‘extreme’ heat the Dons smashed the Cats off a 6 day break and made of mess of the Eagles a week later. Nah, Essendon should win this game on merit, being the better team in much better form.

Crows and Melbourne both ran out of steam in the last quarter after playing in Darwin and not sure about the Dees but Crows officials have said the humidity was a big factor

Beating the dogs gives us.some credibility.

We have been flaky against 17th. Lost to the spooners and beaten stkilda.

We will have some bona fides if we beat the dogs, at least challenge the Crows. Otherwise I think it looks like we are only in the 8 courtesy of a soft draw.

Gws beat us without getting out of second gear, Sydney couldn’t kick straight and still managed to beat us from nowhere. Adelaide pounded us early this year. Sure we smacked port, WC but we did so in Melbourne.

We beat the dogs, Adelaide and the Suns away on our run home and I’d rate us to be effective in September. We should be up for those games, lacking no motivation. Doggies this weekend it is their season.

Freo and Blues meh. Even if we are down and even drop those. It’s how we play in the other 3 games which will indicate if we will just make up the numbers this year.

Our biggest issue against the dogs this week will be the umpires, if we can get the momentum early and not have the umpires halt it then we should win easy.
Need to bring the intensity that we had in the last quarter, our clearances were dynamite.

Would love someone to give it to Johaniesson too. Maybe Tippa could hit him hard, and pressure all his disposals.
Hurley v Stringer, Hurley would want a scalp, and he could run off him all day as Stringer is a lazy prick.

Isn’t Stringer injured?

Umm what?

We have beaten top 4 teams this year and you reckon one game against the Dogs (who are not top 4) gives us credibility. What planet are you on?

Yes he is.

Can you imagine us v the dees or Tigers at the G, elimination final?

Fark. Huge

12 Likes

Want.

2 Likes

Would prefer the tigers to the dees.

whycan’twehaveboth.gif.

Finals week 1 : Ess v Mel
Finals week 2 : Ess v Rich
Finals week 3 : Ess v Gee
Grand Final : Ess v Ade

That’d be ok.

7 Likes